BlueBanthas Walts Trooper Factory (WTF) Shadow Trooper Build (WIP)

Hey everyone! My names Carter, Im 18, and this is my fourth or fifth costume at this point! I havent submitted my costumes for approval yet, but im in the process of getting everything together. Im working on a new CRL for the Hot Toys Shock trooper, and think will be my second set of trooper armor! I had anovos before, and they were super handy with all of the pre marked cut lines, WTF is a little different, so im gonna need some help! any and all input is appreciated, and im eager to (hopefully) become a membet of the Spec Ops Detachment!

• Like 2

Good work so far! Just remember cut a little at a time and measure a ton and do fitment checks! Make sure to have your undersuit material on when doing the final fitment and cuts as it does add a smaller layer of thickness.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IcyTrooper said:

Good work so far! Just remember cut a little at a time and measure a ton and do fitment checks! Make sure to have your undersuit material on when doing the final fitment and cuts as it does add a smaller layer of thickness.

Good point, thats what ive seen, so ive been following that! I realized I had the wrong shins paired together, so I swapped those out. 

I find it hard to remember to take pictures of everything, lol. I will do my best to document this to the fullest extent

I began gluing the cover strip to one side, Im using E6000 this time around. I rushed my first kit and used CA Glue, and now regret it, as everything is a tad large

1gMVMlt.jpg

Knee plate cut out

ns25NjW.jpg

I have a question regarding the thighs. How much space should be in between your skin and the armor? with 20 mm cover strips, which is what is requested, I can squeeze one finger between the top and my leg with no return edge. Is it bad to extend the cover strip to 25 mm on the front and back? I will send images later of my current situation. 

On 11/6/2021 at 7:46 PM, IcyTrooper said:

Hey! quick question regarding the torso. Is there a specific amount of undergarment that is allowed to be showing between the kidney and ab plate? Id consider mysef to be an average build, im not overweight, but the gap between the two pieces is larger than i like it to be. I did not cut any extra plastic off. I have  not put it on with the belt yet, and im sure that will tighten it up, but it seems to be 1-1.25 inches. The only guide I see is that in order to achieve level 2, it must be .5 inches or less. I meet all the other requirements so far but that. any help would be greatly appreciated! im also in search of black boots, not too sure where to find those lol

14 hours ago, bluebantha said:

Hey! quick question regarding the torso. Is there a specific amount of undergarment that is allowed to be showing between the kidney and ab plate? Id consider mysef to be an average build, im not overweight, but the gap between the two pieces is larger than i like it to be. I did not cut any extra plastic off. I have  not put it on with the belt yet, and im sure that will tighten it up, but it seems to be 1-1.25 inches. The only guide I see is that in order to achieve level 2, it must be .5 inches or less. I meet all the other requirements so far but that. any help would be greatly appreciated! im also in search of black boots, not too sure where to find those lol

For basic there isn't a requirement and 1-1.25 isn't big at all, especially since it is black with a black undersuit. You should be fine with that for basic, for L2 you'd need to shim it up. For the boots you may want to try Imperial Boots!

• Like 1
On 11/14/2021 at 3:40 PM, IcyTrooper said:

For basic there isn't a requirement and 1-1.25 isn't big at all, especially since it is black with a black undersuit. You should be fine with that for basic, for L2 you'd need to shim it up. For the boots you may want to try Imperial Boots!

Thanks for the advice! I have my TK boots from imperial boots, but they dont seem to sell black ones

2 hours ago, bluebantha said:

Thanks for the advice! I have my TK boots from imperial boots, but they dont seem to sell black ones

Ahh I didn't realize they stopped carrying them! You may be able to send them an email and see if they can do some in black for you. They may be able to do so :) 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 8:12 PM, bluebantha said:

I got my boots on eBay. The boots aren't as tall as my white imperial boots, but they are good and were only about $40. They had a tendency to pop out from under the shins, a little velco corrected that problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1