0igrez Death Trooper WIP

Hello there!

Happy 2022!

My name is Sergio and I'm a member of the Spanish Garrison. I'm starting this crazy project and after some research on the forums and social media, I decided to order a helmet and armor from Armory Shop Props, that arrived last week.

I have taken some pics of the elements to post and get any and all comments.

I am missing the soft parts, that I will probably get from Spanish vendors and fellow troopers. I am having a hard time finding my boots, mainly because I'd like to avoid buying overseas again.

Thanks for following!

• Like 5

@0igrez

Sergio, Welcome to Spec Ops! ASP does a great job with their finished product. I would, however, go take a look at the CRL Color Scheme link and make sure that all your painting details are IAW the CRL. I have mentioned to Denis at ASP that the little recessed pill on the lower chest is FLAT BLACK and not silver. It's a minor detail but one that is a CRL approval requirement. 

https://databank.501st.com/databank/CRL_Gallery:Imp_Death_Trooper

Best of luck with your build, we are here if you have any questions.

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

@0igrez

Sergio, Welcome to Spec Ops! ASP does a great job with their finished product. I would, however, go take a look at the CRL Color Scheme link and make sure that all your painting details are IAW the CRL. I have mentioned to Denis at ASP that the little recessed pill on the lower chest is FLAT BLACK and not silver. It's a minor detail but one that is a CRL approval requirement. 

https://databank.501st.com/databank/CRL_Gallery:Imp_Death_Trooper

Best of luck with your build, we are here if you have any questions.

Thanks a lot for your comment! I will take a look at them.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, 0igrez said:

This is a long shot but could these boots be approvable after modifying the soles to make them flat?

IMG_20220110_235255.jpg

Possibly, you'd have to change the sole to look like the Docs, that could be as easy as removing the tread portion and leaving the flat part or a complete replacement of the sole, the lace hooks are much of an issue as they will be covered by the lace cover, the only other requirement I am unsure of the back heel seam stitching, I can't really see from the photo.

13 hours ago, Chaos said:

Possibly, you'd have to change the sole to look like the Docs, that could be as easy as removing the tread portion and leaving the flat part or a complete replacement of the sole, the lace hooks are much of an issue as they will be covered by the lace cover, the only other requirement I am unsure of the back heel seam stitching, I can't really see from the photo.

Thanks. I could only take a couple pics in a hurry through the dirty glass. Does this one show the stitching? I'll try to come by the shop again this week.

IMG_20220111_180519.jpg

Tx_imperial_death_trooper_boots.png

I don't think so, the heel stitching is not correct. Have you contacted Imperial Boots or Giovanni at CrowProps from Gio?

• Like 1
On 1/11/2022 at 10:36 PM, Chaos said:

Tx_imperial_death_trooper_boots.png

I don't think so, the heel stitching is not correct. Have you contacted Imperial Boots or Giovanni at CrowProps from Gio?

I was hoping to avoid buying outside EU again. Customs are getting crazy lately. If I can find second hand or modifyable boots around here that'd be great.

Thanks anyways.

Watch out for used Doc Martins "Jered" or "Talib" on Ebay. The "Jered" are very hard to find, but the "Talib" are pretty much around and cold be easily converted with minor changes when you are not striving at level 2. But in the end the IB "Killer" are the easiest way!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

They are a lot closer than the first ones. The heel stitching is good, the sole to uppers stitching will need to be darkened to blend in better with the sole. The toe should be acceptable as long as the lace cover goes down far enough to give the same appearance as the Jared/Talib toe. The CRL says the boot is a "capped" toe, though the toe is not actually a capped toe per se, but because the lace re-enforcement stitching extends down the tongue opening to the sole, it gives the Jared/Talib toe the appearance of being "capped." My best suggestion would to get with your GML and show him/her the boot and see what the answer would be. We can sit here and say all day long that an item is questionable as CRL approvable but then a GML interprets the CRL slightly different and approves an item. The CRL is a guide for GMLs to determine if a costume has the appearance of being what we see in the movies, TV, or comics. Level 1 501st approval is up to the GML's interpretation and they should be asked if they would approve something. The above boots won't meet CRL Level 2 standard but possibly Level 1. Let us know what your GML says.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

I got myself some nice undersuit and gaskets and all. Plus a pair of Dr. Martens Talib almost my size haha.

I attach the relevant toilet selfies for feedback.

The heel stitching we were discussing earlier seems different in these boots but since everyone assures that the Talibs are approvable I went for it.

https://imgur.com/a/Ji6k29D

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 12:32 PM, 0igrez said:

I got myself some nice undersuit and gaskets and all. Plus a pair of Dr. Martens Talib almost my size haha.

I attach the relevant toilet selfies for feedback.

The heel stitching we were discussing earlier seems different in these boots but since everyone assures that the Talibs are approvable I went for it.

https://imgur.com/a/Ji6k29D

Undersuit looks a good fit buddy, and the boots are fine

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

HI,

I haven't had the time to work any further on the armor but I managed to get my other half to take some pics of the soft parts. I am only missing the knee gaskets that should be sewn shortly.

Is this the proper way of setting the parts? abdomen over pants and over poncho and so? it feels a bit weird, I'm not sure I'm fitting everything properly and I'm worried of sewing anything just yet.

Long hair and beard will be properly braided and covered and ridiculous socks will be avoided.

https://imgur.com/a/nk9333w

All comments are welcome! Thanks!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 9:05 PM, 0igrez said:

HI,

I haven't had the time to work any further on the armor but I managed to get my other half to take some pics of the soft parts. I am only missing the knee gaskets that should be sewn shortly.

Is this the proper way of setting the parts? abdomen over pants and over poncho and so? it feels a bit weird, I'm not sure I'm fitting everything properly and I'm worried of sewing anything just yet.

Long hair and beard will be properly braided and covered and ridiculous socks will be avoided.

https://imgur.com/a/nk9333w

All comments are welcome! Thanks!

Hello ! can you maybe tell me where you get the underwear parts ? greetings from Cologne Germany Sascha

@0igrez

Pants and or shorts and shirt on first, neck seal and bib, then poncho. The poncho covers the front of the bib. Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...