STNC Death Trooper WIP

Hey all,

First off, so excited to be here. I'm based in Phoenix (move #22 last May) and I've been off and on about doing this, and I've finally decided to take the leap. My limited experience is was with a Shadow Trooper Costume that I modded to heck, especially on the wiring side (my specialty), and I've flown as Krennic, cape and all (both of course not approved). I'm 6'4" and 250, so the Death Trooper seems like a perfect fit, and I've always been a fan since I first saw them.

Most interesting fact though? @IcyTrooper and I were matched roommates our first year in college (to be pilots). 

Here's the current list:

ArmoryShop Props - Ordered today 1/7/22

Imperial Boots - Ordered today 1/7/22 - Arrived

UkswrathsSpeciality - Ordered today 1/7/22 - Arrived

Trooperbay - Ordered today 1/7/22 - Arrived

Crowprops - Ordered today 1/7/22

Daman's Props - Ordered today 1/7/22

Undersuit - Ordered 2/12/22 - Shipped 2/7/22

• Jim Tripon

Here's what's left and any input would be super helpful:

• Blasters - It seems like the choice is between Imperial Arms and Premier Props, any thoughts?

Can't wait to get everything and get involved! 

Michael

PS: This was me way back when I lived in NYC in 2015, funnily enough I ran into a AT-ST on Halloween night

12186595_3084486069859_1394365199850444508_o.thumb.jpg.8c3f5c567f4c6bff0e9f25aa5ee17832.jpg12186272_3088520250711_2304440007487045361_o.thumb.jpg.e7f76b714f352d6801e3597f0234962f.jpg

EMmoJu2WwAE-efo.thumb.jpg.09baa798cf5e5202635f6e89bf358aa8.jpg12068706_3072316605630_534402751721066629_o.thumb.jpg.1971f5eb90c95fcfe14fb12634668722.jpg

• Like 8

Glad to have you here and to start this journey with you! Welcome to Spec Ops!

@Chaos I know will have some good info! He is our DCA for the DTs and @nanotek also can drop some good knowledge!

I welcome any other DTs to help as well :) 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, stnc said:

Undersuit - ArmoryShop Props is listed as sold out, but I reached out asking if they'll be making more. Given they're out to 1/14, I'll jkust have to wait. If they won't, I'll go with TheDarkSide Closet - Unless I should just go with TheDarkSide Closet Now?

Hi Michael and welcome to the Spec Ops!

As far as I know Darkside Closet also stops producing their undersuit, because of non-deliverable materials. The only source at this time for the undersuit is Jim Tripon I think!?

33 minutes ago, Lt. Dan said:

Hi Michael and welcome to the Spec Ops!

As far as I know Darkside Closet also stops producing their undersuit, because of non-deliverable materials. The only source at this time for the undersuit is Jim Tripon I think!?

Thanks, excited to be here! I just shot a message to DarkSide Closet to confirm, but if that’s the case it looks like I’ll be reaching out to Jkm Tripon. By chance, do you know if the materials issue is temporary, or permanent? 

2 hours ago, stnc said:

Hopefully it's just temporary!

Just heard from DarkSide Closet that they aren’t taking orders right now, but “At this time we are looking other alternatives and hopefully to find more material very soon”

21 minutes ago, stnc said:

Just heard from DarkSide Closet that they aren’t taking orders right now, but “At this time we are looking other alternatives and hopefully to find more material very soon”

I got my undersuit from Jim Tripon and am super happy with it. His communication was great and it came way faster than I expected. I just posed a picture in my WIP  thread. 

• Like 1
On 1/8/2022 at 7:37 PM, MKE-Trooper said:

I got my undersuit from Jim Tripon and am super happy with it. His communication was great and it came way faster than I expected. I just posed a picture in my WIP  thread. 

The good thing about Jimmi's undersuit is that his seamstress takes a leather like material and individually sews the ribs, it's time consuming but it looks so much better than the spandex/pleated faux leather material that Mood was selling, which I think is what DSC and ASP were using. That material when stretched lost its ribbed appearance quite easily. https://www.moodfabrics.com/black-rib-quilted-stretch-faux-leather-111296

I had heard that Geeky Pink's Gaskets was looking at making an undersuit but I haven't seen anything from her yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@stnc

Michael, welcome to Spec Ops, excellent choice on the DT. Your list looks like you have done your research. I replied above to MKE - Trooper's post concerning under-suits.

As far as the blasters, you can get them pre built and painted but if you have some time and ability to assemble your own it will be way less expensive. There is a list of Vendors for the blasters, most sells 3D printed kits. The good thing about assembling your own as you can wire up any audio and light kits you wish as you build it. Definitely better than trying to disassemble a premade and painted one to install electronics.

There is a lot of knowledge available in the DT forums, use the search function when you start your build, make a build thread and post up pictures and questions as you go. Best of luck and I am here if you have any questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all! 

Quite a bunch of stuff has arrived (I've updated the original post), and I ended up going with Jim Tripon for the undersuit and dang he is fast! Just one week after sending measurements and it's on the way to me.

Excited for the other items to arrive, stay tuned!

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

So I just got the notice from Armoryshop that orders are canceled until further notice. That said, the suit from Jim fits AMAZING, and at this point all I'm waiting on are the boots from crowprops.

Any other recommendations on Armor?

10 minutes ago, stnc said:

So I just got the notice from Armoryshop that orders are canceled until further notice. That said, the suit from Jim fits AMAZING, and at this point all I'm waiting on are the boots from crowprops.

Any other recommendations on Armor?

you might as well go with Jim's armor kit as well, its an unfinished kit so it will have to be built, but its easy to work with and if you give Jim your sizes, he has several sizing options to work with. Word of Advice. If you do look to go with a finished kit that someone is selling ask to see photos of each piece just like the CRL shows, this way you can get an idea of what (if anything) will have to be modified to meet the CRL. 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

you might as well go with Jim's armor kit as well, its an unfinished kit so it will have to be built, but its easy to work with and if you give Jim your sizes, he has several sizing options to work with. Word of Advice. If you do look to go with a finished kit that someone is selling ask to see photos of each piece just like the CRL shows, this way you can get an idea of what (if anything) will have to be modified to meet the CRL. 

Good call, let me look into that

• Like 1