Armour 3D file questions

So I've started planning out my Death Trooper build, and I'm just wondering how acceptable these armour files are if finished properly (since I know their Sith Trooper files got looked over and appear to be clearable):

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/art/other/star-wars-rogue-one-death-trooper-armor

I'm not worried about the helmet in there as it's going to be replaced with the Nico Henderson bucket in any case.

Thanks in advance!

I'll repost again here.

Honestly there are quite a few details that are incorrect with those files, The back piece is missing a couple CRL required details, the TD is not correct. There are no abdomen pieces or upper front chest details shown, so I couldn't tell you if there are any issues there. To be honest it would be worth your time and money to purchase Tom Campbell's files. You can find him at TDK Props.

If you are going to 3D print your files, and are shorter than 5'8"-5'9" you might want to look into getting The Armored Garage's Armorsmith Designer software. It allows you to scale each piece based upon your body measurements. This is how Denis at Armory Shop Props scales his customers builds.

Get Tom Campbell's files, they are just a little more than the CG files but the money you would save by getting the cheaper set, will be spent upgrading and making the necessary corrections to be CRL compliant. You will probably spent even more than what it would cost you to buy Tom's files and the Armorsmith software.

FYSA I am one of the Detachment Deathtrooper CRL advisors and I have seen many members get frustrated and spend more time and money when they try to go cheaper on their DT builds. This build is complicated and can me pricey if done correctly. The main reason is there are very few suppliers right now due to the low supply of materials.

Best of luck on your build. We are always here to assist.

12 hours ago, Chaos said:

I'll repost again here.

Honestly there are quite a few details that are incorrect with those files, The back piece is missing a couple CRL required details, the TD is not correct. There are no abdomen pieces or upper front chest details shown, so I couldn't tell you if there are any issues there. To be honest it would be worth your time and money to purchase Tom Campbell's files. You can find him at TDK Props.

If you are going to 3D print your files, and are shorter than 5'8"-5'9" you might want to look into getting The Armored Garage's Armorsmith Designer software. It allows you to scale each piece based upon your body measurements. This is how Denis at Armory Shop Props scales his customers builds.

Get Tom Campbell's files, they are just a little more than the CG files but the money you would save by getting the cheaper set, will be spent upgrading and making the necessary corrections to be CRL compliant. You will probably spent even more than what it would cost you to buy Tom's files and the Armorsmith software.

FYSA I am one of the Detachment Deathtrooper CRL advisors and I have seen many members get frustrated and spend more time and money when they try to go cheaper on their DT builds. This build is complicated and can me pricey if done correctly. The main reason is there are very few suppliers right now due to the low supply of materials.

Best of luck on your build. We are always here to assist.

Yeah, I figured as much. Already a prolific user of Armorsmith too because that's kind of a given when you're 5'6 and a bit oddly proportioned. ?

And this is all up in the air anyway while I try and decide between Death Trooper and Sith Trooper for my TX build.

• Like 1