Issues with various Deathtrooper parts

Good evening all! 

I'm currently working on my deathtrooper build that I've waited so long for! 

Unfortunatley, I  have had several issues with the kit I purchased I got my hard parts from Plastic Arms Dealer in the fully painted, ready to wear package offered. Once getting it home, there were a few issues I wouldn't have expected. I'm just trying to see if anyone else has expericed such issues from this dealer? I love his work and he has been more than happy to help! Just trying to see if this a one in one thousand problem or if other people have had issues with the dealer as well.

It depends what the issues are; were they manufacturing defects, painting defects, damage created during shipping. Everyone that I know that has a PAD completed kit may have had to touch up paint jobs due to shipping damage but were pleased with PAD's product.

Maybe more of a detailed explanation would assist in answering your question.

• Like 1

The paint was damaged via shipping. The other issues include one shin being too small. I can fit iinto the other easily, but the right one is small and can not fit the boot under it. The thigh pieces arrived 6 inches too small. When measuring, I made sure to measure three times to ensure all was right and got input from my local garrison members. When I addressed PAD, I was sent 4 rubber pieces. 

He's been wonderful to work with! Just wanted to check in and see if it was common for a few pieces to be off by this much.

Thanks so much!

I've heard of paint being damaged during shipping from numerous vendors, it is for sure hard to get stuff shipped 100% properly without it costing an arm and a leg or specialized transportation which is usually out of the question. There is always the risk of stuff not all fitting correctly when buying a pre-built kit with provided measurements, but how it is resolved is often what "warranty" the maker/assembler offers or the agreement that was made at the time of purchase. To answer your question, I have not heard of complaints with PAD and the armor looks good.

No single vendor can make an automatic 501st-approved costume, that end goal rests solely on the wearer and the Garrison Membership Liaisons (GMLs) within the Garrison/Outpost you are applying with. However, that doesn't meant that we can't help you with tips to get it fitted right and looking good!

• Like 1