Lord_Velden's 224th imperial swamp trooper gunner : "Korso"

I was able to talk to Brian at LFL and found that the chest light was a cafe racer turn signal light. And I was able to enlarge the naval trooper helmet. The jacket was a German enlisted field jacket for a calvery man. I had a WW2 reenactor make me the jacket custom. Looking to help where I can. I also have all the parts ready. If help is needed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vQY6hi6EYXhQLnha7. And also now that we have seen the Book of Boba Fett and have seen the Range Trooper Back Plate with one getting on the transport shuttle. I have added a backplate that mounts by straps to the chest and is worn under the coat.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vQY6hi6EYXhQLnha7

• 2 weeks later...

Great work on pulling this costume together.

Ultimately an LMO decision will decide whether or not a costume can progress to CRL, based on reference, but a few initial call-outs from me based on images reviews of Korso. These are not criticisms, merely observations.

The Korso trench coat does not have stitched panels or button holes like the one you're using. The cuffs are also different.

Korso does not wear the same tunic as a Mudtrooper.

Korso does not have reinforced panels on his pants like a Mudtrooper.

I previously shared some pics in Mike's research/build thread which highlight these differences.

• Thanks 2

i am still having issues with the jacket mt research says ww2 motorcycle slicker but if you can lock down the proper design let me know as i need that item as well

and the suit is a navy officer like in a new hope with the straight legs as per the visual ref guid

• Like 3

Another detail I have noticed - which I had previously missed - is that the coat collar has a black material layer stitched on.

Korso collar.png

• Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 11:19 AM, mike ford said:

i am still having issues with the jacket mt research says ww2 motorcycle slicker but if you can lock down the proper design let me know as i need that item as well

and the suit is a navy officer like in a new hope with the straight legs as per the visual ref guid

I'm inclined to go with the WWII slicker as they have the similar collar that @JAFO pointed out in his reference he provided. I don't think it is leather at all judging by the material pattern observed in this close up pic. What this does resemble is a PVC or rubberised material which is consistent with WWII motorcycle coats.

131108862_ScreenShot2022-03-24at3_54_36pm.thumb.png.9621561fc7b1d39e1c4593ff3e534783.png

WWII motorcycle coat with material on the collar: (not exact reference)

180236098_ScreenShot2022-03-24at3_52_49pm.thumb.png.6a2f4fcfbc0dc240998103b5ce16f402.png

We currently have no references from behind, so the only thing we really have to go on is the coat, I think if we can find the right coat then we might have a chance of pushing this CRL forward.

• Like 2
On 3/25/2022 at 1:41 AM, lordvelden said:

Oh very cool ok I can call the guys that do WW2 replicas and see what I can do to help.

I think before you go off and make something/spend money, we should find an accurate reference for the coat, otherwise we won’t be able to get it past the LMO team. 

• 1 year later...
On 3/29/2022 at 2:33 PM, lordvelden said:

I have requested info on the coat from LFL to see if we can get anymore information. 

i too have tried contacting LFL the actor and the costume designer with no luck