Just got my Shadow Trooper Kit

ordered the eBay flight gloves

ordered shoulder straps from storm trooper site

ordered stuff for fans

will need boots 

going to Fresno Armor Party May 21st so should have more pics then

Trying to load image from Flickr but can’t get it to work. Oh well

• Like 2

Great to see another shadow stormtrooper on the way.

Here's the shadow Stormtrooper section of the forums - https://forum.specops501st.com/forum/15-shadow-stormtrooper/

When on the flickr app, click on the share option & copy the URL.

Head back over to your forums post & paste the URL & wait a few seconds & boom, your image will appear on the post. 

I hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

The Anovos kit is now a rare find and has some great shine to it! (I may be partial though ;) ). Let us know if you need any help and we'll do what we can do help!

Nice on the armor party! A pro-tip here, make sure you get all the plastic covering off before you glue the stuff, especially on the cover strips (don't ask me how I know ?).

Those boots should work, but you'll obviously need to recolor the brown to black and make sure the grooves running along the edge of the sole don't exist. I think you can slowly shave them down; although, they could just be painted to look like there are two lines.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

Nice on the armor party! A pro-tip here, make sure you get all the plastic covering off before you glue the stuff, especially on the cover strips (don't ask me how I know ?).

Those boots should work, but you'll obviously need to recolor the brown to black and make sure the grooves running along the edge of the sole don't exist. I think you can slowly shave them down; although, they could just be painted to look like there are two lines.

Lol copy. All plastic off

copy ordered the boots

• Like 1

Got these boots for like $45 on Amazon. Will use black shoe polish on the brown along bottom. Other than that will these be approvable? Don’t want to polish them if not. 

someone mentioned grooves above but not sure what they meant…

24CDCF42-228D-41BB-9DF9-A4E028BF95D8.jpeg

On 5/29/2022 at 12:22 PM, resqd1 said:

Got these boots for like $45 on Amazon. Will use black shoe polish on the brown along bottom. Other than that will these be approvable? Don’t want to polish them if not. 

someone mentioned grooves above but not sure what they meant…

24CDCF42-228D-41BB-9DF9-A4E028BF95D8.jpeg

Yeah those should be good from what I can see! The part I was talking about with the grooves was here:

bootsmarkup.thumb.PNG.e2bb03046964c5b2f639f14dc8aa33f5.PNG

However, it looks like that stripe or groove is just a painted detail and not an actual groove. As long as everything is black you'll be good.

9 hours ago, resqd1 said:

Tape fitting… give me your thoughts and what you may see… I think I need to maybe do more trimming and the glue up with someone with experience.

FF9FB184-A30E-455A-B10B-4A58F184A4F5.jpeg

E099DB5E-8424-4C3B-B1C3-C68C593DAFEE.jpeg

1AC134B7-DC35-4C6F-A6F9-346CB7C09F8B.jpeg

81AC6FCD-A039-4EBC-A04C-2CCEAA0A457C.jpeg

1F27A94D-73DB-4B63-A6A1-578589FD6238.jpeg

These images are really small when I try to launch them. Are you able to host them on an image sharing website such as Flickr and then link in the URL here? It'll automatically convert them to pics we can enlarge.

Yep, that works better! Your left bicep and right shin armor look a little larger than the other sides but other than that I can't really see anything that looks off. Once you get the biceps together and then raise them up a bit then the shoulder bell will come in and around it to make it not look "as large".

I also fixed your pics above. Just had to right-click the pic and click "Copy image address" and then paste it. All good! :) 

1 minute ago, IcyTrooper said:

Yep, that works better! Your left bicep and right shin armor look a little larger than the other sides but other than that I can't really see anything that looks off.

Copy thanks I will look at measurements on those

on the shoulder bells do they remain this big or can I take more off? 

For the shoulder bells I'd wait until you have your biceps together and glued before doing anything. Often times if you take that return edge off the bottom of the shoulder bells then they can often fit better over the biceps.

• Like 1
Just now, IcyTrooper said:

For the shoulder bells I'd wait until you have your biceps together and glued before doing anything. Often times if you take that return edge off the bottom of the shoulder bells then they can often fit better over the biceps.

Copy thanks

• Like 1