Chuck’s DT Submission post

I’ve had this armor pretty much completed for a long long time (preCovid) I’ve had it stuck inside a box in the garage with the original plan to display it at Celebration 2020. I just submitted it for approval after not touching it for over a year. Any feedback is most welcome!2AFE2A91-BF28-43FD-A655-7A5CF1F32EAC.thumb.jpeg.1abd76bbb4e4e7c1d8a54e85a704a346.jpeg7C015C5E-C542-4F9A-9A88-4FAF3EA24BAC.thumb.jpeg.bd604d937722c3d91e6ba6418d8a304e.jpegB5048DA6-A96C-49F1-B4C8-E75B9F7E4374.thumb.jpeg.256cf27b7f79d08ba63e61cfbc0442e4.jpegBA910FC5-F373-4DDD-8097-59F4BC07D976.thumb.jpeg.86887dbfedcd340bfb8620ffc36088d0.jpeg5432322D-65C5-479E-B142-CFEA34A2879F.thumb.jpeg.79761551c273a482c6fbbe860437cd40.jpeg

• Like 1

Good morning Abdiel!

Nice first suit up after one year of storage I would say, considering that your pics are a bit dark and far away for details imo?

Couldn´t say for sure if your poncho and abdominal gaskets have the vertical or diagonally angled down ribs? To me the surface looks smooth which would be wrong.

Your right thigh armor is offset. It doesn´t align with your shin armor. On the right side pic it looks like that the thigh armor is too big for you thigh and hangs crooked. You should adjust the fit.

If whining at a high level, I would replace the belt boxes because they are a bit too far back as well as the small leather pouch.

But again, your pics are very dark to spot details for sure.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Lt. Dan said:

Good morning Abdiel!

Nice first suit up after one year of storage I would say, considering that your pics are a bit dark and far away for details imo?

Couldn´t say for sure if your poncho and abdominal gaskets have the vertical or diagonally angled down ribs? To me the surface looks smooth which would be wrong.

Your right thigh armor is offset. It doesn´t align with your shin armor. On the right side pic it looks like that the thigh armor is too big for you thigh and hangs crooked. You should adjust the fit.

If whining at a high level, I would replace the belt boxes because they are a bit too far back as well as the small leather pouch.

But again, your pics are very dark to spot details for sure.

Thanks for the input. The under-suit has all the ribbing but the low quality shots don’t show it. As for the shins and thighs, I was walking around for a bit in the armor and things shifted around. Can easily be fixed by just moving them back. I’m not sure about the thighs you mentioned tho. The belt pieces must have also been shuffled around while moving. I know the quality of the pics is pretty bad, I’ll attach a link to better quality pics in a moment.

https://imgur.com/a/Kvlm5Rc

Hello!

Like @Lt. Dan said, pics are hard to tell some details. From what I can speak on, it's good for a first suit up.

1. The belt pouches need adjustment; that's an easy fix of just sliding them to correct position. They shouldn't move THAT much while walking. I would agree with Dan on the box placement. They shouldn't be behind your kidneys.

2. The biceps should have "...two black elastic cord straps." It's dark, so they may be there, but I couldn't see any evidence of them.

3. Strapping shouldn't show in your midsection. (This actually led me to my next discovery)

4. I think your midsection (ab, kidney, butt, cod, belt) is sitting too low, causing your thighs to be low and the sniper knee to land weird on the shin (This is where Lt. Dan's comment comes in). I would recommend finding a way to secure your midsection higher so that the rest falls into place better.

5. (Being picky on this one) I would check the color of 'metallic grey' on the accents (chest and ab). It seems a little bright in my opinion. Tamiya TS-40 is ideal.

-Michael

• Like 1