New bandolier General Weir

• 2 months later...

Well I made a tragic mistake. We made the boxes so that a 5-centimeter strap could pass through the slot. I did not realize that this crack must have been between 2 to 3 centimeters. I think that in the CRL it does not come either how wide it should be. So my money and time have been wasted and I'll have to start over.

4 hours ago, javi sanchez said:

Well I made a tragic mistake. We made the boxes so that a 5-centimeter strap could pass through the slot. I did not realize that this crack must have been between 2 to 3 centimeters. I think that in the CRL it does not come either how wide it should be. So my money and time have been wasted and I'll have to start over.

Did all the pieces break?

8 hours ago, javi sanchez said:

No, the pieces are fine, they just seem to be big.

@javi sanchez I'm so sorry that this has happened there is nothing worse than having to start again. 

I tried hunting for how @thisiskevin assembled his bandolier and couldn't find anything so I had to go by what the CRL pic shows. Without Kevin's input on hand, It appears that he has cut the 5cm wide strap down to 3cm wide to fit the slots on the back of the boxes and connected it by sewing it to the 5cm wide strapping at the shoulders and waist.

Tx_GeneralWeir_bandolier.jpg

I hope this makes sense! It would be great if you document this process so we can reference it to the files for others to build!

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, nanotek said:

@javi sanchez Siento mucho que esto haya pasado, no hay nada peor que tener que empezar de nuevo. 

Traté de buscar cómo@esteiskevin armó su bandolera y no pudo encontrar nada, así que tuve que guiarme por lo que muestra la imagen de CRL. Sin el aporte de Kevin a la mano, parece que él cortó la correa de 5 cm de ancho a 3 cm de ancho para encajar en las ranuras en la parte posterior de las cajas y la conectó cosiéndola a la correa de 5 cm de ancho en los hombros y la cintura.

Tx_GeneralWeir_bandolera.jpg

¡Espero que esto tenga sentido! ¡Sería genial si documentas este proceso para que podamos hacer referencia a los archivos para que otros lo construyan!

Hello again.
  Your exposition is correct. It is about adjusting the boxes to a 3 cm strap and then the union of the back with a 5 cm strap. I did not realize and there was my mistake. The fault is only mine.
We are already on the right track, the new boxes are already under construction. And soon I'll have my General Weir operational.
Cheers

• Like 2

Yeah they do seem a little large. I'm looking at the CRL pic and the width of the longer rectangular box looks pretty close in size to the indention on the chest piece, or may be a tad bit larger.

• Like 2
On 8/24/2022 at 4:43 AM, javi sanchez said:

Sorry, I thought I had already replied.
The width of the boxes is now almost eight, when I think it should be about five.

That's around a 60% increase in size and in my opinion is a little bit too large for the size of your build. If I was in your position I would reprint the boxes 1:1 (as much as it pains me to say that!)

• Like 1
On 8/27/2022 at 1:33 AM, nanotek said:

That's around a 60% increase in size and in my opinion is a little bit too large for the size of your build. If I was in your position I would reprint the boxes 1:1 (as much as it pains me to say that!)

The new boxes are already under construction.
I hope these give a better result.

a10429fc-a19b-4ce9-b0ee-16c2dbb0c6a8.jpg

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...
33 minutes ago, javi sanchez said:

Hello everyone.
Last Saturday I had the opportunity to show off my General Weir again.
Finally I have my new finished tile rack, much more comfortable than the old wooden one.

2.jpg

This looks great.

I'm starting a General Weir build & before I start, can you confirm that you printed the boxes to 5cm wide with a 3cm hole for the 5cm webbing [reduced to 3cm]?

Many thanks

On 2/2/2023 at 10:11 PM, Dropkick said:

This looks great.

I'm starting a General Weir build & before I start, can you confirm that you printed the boxes to 5cm wide with a 3cm hole for the 5cm webbing [reduced to 3cm]?

Many thanks

Hi Shane
How are you?
I assume you mean this?
greetings

image.thumb.jpeg.5490cea5fc1f99761c30b9b633f5882e.jpeg

• Thanks 1