Helmet finish / painting

questions on the appearance of the helmet. sorry, i prepped a visual but can't get it to post since it is 50kb, and only 5kb allowed

1. Are the little lines across the jaw line flat black or are they dark grey stripes?

2. The temple patch and the patches on either side of the occiput (back of head) is it dark grey or flat black?

3. The area at the cheek bone, same question as the temple, dark grey or flat black and are those black stripes?

The CRL is a bit confusing... uhg.. the helmet is already black so I'm not sure what they are talking about as Traps.
4. What are the "ears" mentioned?

• The body of the "ears" can either be black or gray. The bars have three or four bumps and can be left the same color as the body or painted black.
  • The tube stripes are black in color and may number between 9 and 16 per side with the curve bends extending backwards. These can be either hand painted or decals.
  • Traps (trapezoids on dome of helmet) and tears (area beneath the corners of eye lenses) can be hand painted or decals.
    • Acceptable colors are black or gray. Rear traps and tears have vertical black lines.
On 6/22/2022 at 12:55 PM, FireMist said:

questions on the appearance of the helmet. sorry, i prepped a visual but can't get it to post since it is 50kb, and only 5kb allowed

1. Are the little lines across the jaw line flat black or are they dark grey stripes?

2. The temple patch and the patches on either side of the occiput (back of head) is it dark grey or flat black?

3. The area at the cheek bone, same question as the temple, dark grey or flat black and are those black stripes?

The CRL is a bit confusing... uhg.. the helmet is already black so I'm not sure what they are talking about as Traps.
4. What are the "ears" mentioned?

• The body of the "ears" can either be black or gray. The bars have three or four bumps and can be left the same color as the body or painted black.
  • The tube stripes are black in color and may number between 9 and 16 per side with the curve bends extending backwards. These can be either hand painted or decals.
  • Traps (trapezoids on dome of helmet) and tears (area beneath the corners of eye lenses) can be hand painted or decals.
    • Acceptable colors are black or gray. Rear traps and tears have vertical black lines.

I can hopefully clear some of these up for you :):

1. The "tube stripes" across the jaw line are black and may either be gloss black or matte/flat black since we don't explicitly specify.
    tubestripes.thumb.PNG.735ba5f033a87dadcaede5c6b17d0d6f.PNG

2. Those two trapezoids "traps" can either be black or gray, your choice.
    front-traps.thumb.PNG.07b37b50f345a696c99766f95ed40335.PNG rear-traps.thumb.PNG.6e114208d4c9c76b75a7f006c4b019e6.PNG

3. Same as #2, these "tears" can be black or gray.
    tears.thumb.PNG.4caa2f7d6fd62399a25f24da01caf6da.PNG

4. Ears is the part where the "rank bars" may be located.
    ears.thumb.PNG.2bdc57b5e6747ed6e2df172fa37a5fae.PNG

To get the pictures to show up without a size limitation you'll have to use a 3rd party image hosting service. There is a great tutorial here :) : 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@IcyTrooper nailed it! Also be aware that what ever color you decide on, flat black or grey, is used on all the details for uniformity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2022 at 9:42 PM, heartstopper85 said:

Does anyone have examples of different colored details. Trying to make this decision for myself as well. Kinda like getting close and see all the details you'd see on the tks

You mean variations amongst black and gray? The ones in the CRL pics above are closest to what you'd see on the TKs. There are others who have more subdued markings (more black) and you can probably find some of those in the various WIP threads here :) 

• Like 1