warpiper's shadow scout build

Cool. Nice job on the helmet! It's probably a pain to work with a rubies, but they do make some nice looking buckets with the mods.

This is what sicks out to me as needing so adjustments

• The shoulder "straps" between the chest and back are sitting a bit funny. You probably want to trim down the return a bit and heat/bend them to get more of a curve.
  • From the pics, the biceps and forearms don't seem to have much shape it's probably a return issue again. I'd just clean it up with a dremel.
  • Not quite sure about the boots and the way the holster sits on them. How were they made?
  • Cover your neck, you're probably already on that though.

Looks like you're well on your way to being approved! :thumbsup:

-iz

Cool. Nice job on the helmet! It's probably a pain to work with a rubies, but they do make some nice looking buckets with the mods.

This is what sicks out to me as needing so adjustments

• The shoulder "straps" between the chest and back are sitting a bit funny. You probably want to trim down the return a bit and heat/bend them to get more of a curve.
  • From the pics, the biceps and forearms don't seem to have much shape it's probably a return issue again. I'd just clean it up with a dremel.
  • Not quite sure about the boots and the way the holster sits on them. How were they made?
  • Cover your neck, you're probably already on that though.

Looks like you're well on your way to being approved! :thumbsup:

-iz

Thanks for the input Iz! yeah I have had a time with the bend between the chest and the back. I did attempt to heat reshape and trim but I am afraid any more bend will warp the plastic as it was very "rough" when I received it. With what I did already it started to get a warble effect of the sides that I had to reheat and reshape to get out. I may be able to trim it some how to sit better though. The holster on the boots does need heated and shaped a bit and others have mentioned I need to decrease height on the boot a couple o inches. Currently they measure at 15" tall. The boots were created using the biker scout boot template though I reinforced the insides with a plastic place mat to give it extra strength so the holster wouldn't slack down. Yup still need my neck piece but I am aware of its need. Thanks on the helmet comments the Rubies/Don Post was a challenge. I consider it a temp bucket as it fits pretty stinkin tight to my head. I plan on upgrades as time and cash become available. It has been fun building this kit and I look forward to getting the above adjustments underway soon! TY again! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Move your pouches in more. Hard to tell if you have 6, or 7 vertical stitches on your bund. You should have 7, creating 6 vertical ribs. You don't have to move them in more, that's just the Lancer in me coming out. :P Def heat up those shoulder tabs and bend them down more..they're up way to high, as Iz pointed out. Your TD is on upside down. Circle should be on the right...well your left, but our right as we look at the pic. Nice job on the boots, and an even better job modding the Rubies bucket.

Ugh though, HATE the Atin boot holster. If you ever get the chance I would contact SC or MC about replacing that when you get the time. Nice build. As soon as I finish my animated ARC, this is next on my list, though it was 2nd but since SC wasn't pulling kits in black, I spent the money elsewhere. Then as soon as I do..BAM...pulling kits in black again. :/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chest and back look good! The ankle holster still looks a bit over sized, but without close up shots, I can't tell for sure. Might be a way to trim it down, but you'd be a better judge as you see it i person.

-iz

• 3 months later...

I thought it was a lot of fun! Adults become kids again and kids just light up when they see the troopers. It is an amazing experience!

Be sure to keep track of your troops in the Imperial Dragons program and you can relive it anytime you want. ;):D

• 2 months later...

So I am curious now that I have been trooping. I have had some tell me I need some of the details stripes and insignias to my armor. Should I add these as I am straight black out atm. Also can we do slight battle damage to our armor ? just curious if anyone knows some answers there throw em at me! Thanks~ TX9380