Tenaz's Death Trooper Build

1 hour ago, DoggyDoc said:

Looks good. Maybe we can get the converse shoes in as an optional accessory. ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha 1

Made a big push last night and was able to get just about everything on that I have (helmet still is a wip). Getting everything on made issues be known which was good, sop now i'll go and adjust;

• chest to back connections need to be extended as they keep popping off
  • shoulder strap was connected wrong so the whole chest is sitting crooked (hate not seeing these things before taking the pictures)
  • shoulders easily pop off while getting dressed using just velcro, so may switch these connections to snaps
  • forearms need a good amount of padding to keep from moving around
  • lower back plate needs better strapping to keep it in the corectย positionย 
  • cod piece attached too low on belt
  • may want to add a connecting strap between cod and butt plate to keep the butt plate down and in place (any better options here?)
  • butt plate seems too long, so need to detemrine if trimming is needed or it needs to be moved up under the belt
  • still need to add greeblies throughout kit

Obviously still have a good amount of work to do here, but please call out anything you are seeing so I don't miss something.

aPsnzlc.jpg

70Sc61Q.jpg

6HUhSJv.jpg

vW9L5Mb.jpg

ย 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tenaz said:

may want to add a connecting strap between cod and butt plate to keep the butt plate down and in place (any better options here?)

I use a cod strap to connect my cod and butt plates.

You may try to raise your back plate up a bit if your butt plate is too low (after the cod strap is installed). This will pull the butt up under the belt slightly and help to hold it in placeย 

ย 

All in all it is looking good. ย There is a lot of adjusting in the early stages.ย 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Tenaz said:

Made a big push last night and was able to get just about everything on that I have (helmet still is a wip). Getting everything on made issues be known which was good, sop now i'll go and adjust;

• chest to back connections need to be extended as they keep popping off
  • shoulder strap was connected wrong so the whole chest is sitting crooked (hate not seeing these things before taking the pictures)
  1. If you can, you might want to think about taking some thickness out of the shoulder buckles, they look really thick. Not really a CRL issue, but it is an "appearance" issue.
  • shoulders easily pop off while getting dressed using just velcro, so may switch these connections to snaps
  1. You might want to consider going with the strapping used by a lot of us which mimics the Shoretrooper shoulder bicep connections. There are several tutorials on here about that.ย 
  • forearms need a good amount of padding to keep from moving around
  1. Padding works well, but it also creates less airflow and during the warmer months it does get hot on your forearms. One technique is most of the gloves people use, have cuffs that get pushed up under the forearms. a piece of well placed velcro on the glove cuffs and the forearm end helps keep the forearms from twisting.
  • lower back plate needs better strapping to keep it in the correctย position
  1. I have a strapping tutorial somewhere in the threads, it might help give you ideas as to how to fix this. My lower back plate and abdomen plate are in a harness set up and the bottoms of each are secured to the top of my belt with velcro strips. My posterior plate and cod plate are attached the same way but to the bottom of my belt. Position the pieces so they sit correctly, make a mark and put velcro strips on the bottom edge of your belt and on your posterior plate and cod plate, then connect a strap to both. This is a CRL requirement: "A black elastic strap, approximately 1" to 1.25" (25-32mm) wide, is to be used to connect the cod and butt plates between the legs" These suggestions will help with your issues you listed below
  • cod piece attached too low on belt
  • may want to add a connecting strap between cod and butt plate to keep the butt plate down and in place (any better options here?)
  • butt plate seems too long, so need to detemrine if trimming is needed or it needs to be moved up under the belt
  • still need to add greeblies throughout kit

Obviously still have a good amount of work to do here, but please call out anything you are seeing so I don't miss something.

Looking good so far!

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

Thank you @DoggyDocย and @Chaos! I appreciate all the detail you have provided here! For the connection between the cod and butt plate, I cant believe I missed that...smh - well, that will definitely do it lol

I'm going to take everything you guys have said, make sure I'm not missing any other lines in the CRLs (other than the things I know I'm still missing), and get to tweaking.

Also, overall, I'm following the "Big Pete's" guide on how to assemble and strap this, being that it is from 850, so I figured that was the best place to work off of, but I will do a deep dive into the other strapping tutorials mentioned above

• Like 1

Hey Chip! good to hear from you. Once you get the flight suit situated, the rest should flow for you. Here's the link to the strapping video, but this is a part of a larger playlist of videos from him that walk you through just about everything for the 850 kit, so be sure to check those out to help get you started as well. As I pointed out above, there are some things that need tweaking that alter a bit from the video, but its still a good place to start imo.

ย 

• 1 month later...

I was able to get just about all the adjustments on the armor made so that this all fits and sits right. Of course I didn't get any pictures, but I'll try for some this weekend. In the meantime, I started the paint work on the helmet. I tackled the flat black pieces, and now was moving on to the gloss black. I was going to go simple with this, and just use a basic gloss black paint, but after talking to a buddy of mine in another garrison, I'm going to do the 2k clear approach. I will spray the helmet down with a black primer, and then hit it with some passes of the 2k...and hope for the bestย ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

GhguOKB.jpg

rLXW76t.jpg

oHD4ibI.jpg

jYkUqv0.jpg

ย 

ย 

• Like 1