Shadow Scout - Satin or High Gloss?

Hello from Scotland

Folks, I really I’m undecided which finish should I go for?

I have put my Shadow Scout order in with Chefs Creations in England but I can not decide what finish to go for?

I’d like to hear from anyone the pros and cons of each……..if any?

Thanks in advance 

Conrad

TB-18920

Edited by Irishscouttrooper

I dont think theres a “pro or con” persay unless your kit is pulled in black…in which case you wouldnt have to paint the armor.  You would still need to paint the helmet and get it to match the armor as close to its original gloss as possible.

Personally, I prefer the satin look.

My suggestion (not a requirement) is to maybe look around your garrison/area and see what other Shadows are using…because those are the ones you would be trooping alongside and Imperial uniformity among a unit does have a better overall look typically.  Anyways, hope that helps a bit.

• Like 4

Great tip, @RAIDER.

Those group shots look even better when the black armour matches.

If you are the 1st of the armour in your area, then shiny gloss does look epic, but will show scratches or scrapes a bit more. 

My shadow scout is gloss, so I wrap it in a towel when storing the armour between troops. I've to keep a can of back to black in the kit box, just in case there's a blemish on the gloss before I kit up for a troop.

I'm not sure if this helps you @Irishscouttrooper.

BTW, you're more than welcome to troop with Balor's Wolfhunters Search and Destroy team in the Ireland garrison if you are ever over our way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Halycon said:

there is a whisper in the wind...

it says *shiny* ... *glossy*  ... *shiny* ...  *glossy*...

;)

That just makes it easier to spot u n pick u off ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, nanotek said:

Yeah I prefer the satin/matt look personally. Glossy is for the showboats ?

You are soooo right with that... exactly what i thought in 2019 , when my GMO said  "your shadowtrooper is not glossy enough, please paint it in a glossy black" 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Halycon said:
21 hours ago, nanotek said:

Yeah I prefer the satin/matt look personally. Glossy is for the showboats ?

You are soooo right with that... exactly what i thought in 2019 , when my GMO said  "your shadowtrooper is not glossy enough, please paint it in a glossy black" 

Yeah so this is a difference between between Shadow Troopers and Shadow Scouts ;)