065's AM Armor Build

As far as construction goes it looks like you guys did a really good job. I think the openings in the frown will need enlarging (but that's cosmetic).

And I hate to be the one to mention this but your TK friend, with his TK sensibilities, may have given you an issue with the tube stripes.

From the Black Hole Control (here):

TUBE STRIPES: Acceptable colors are Gloss Black, Flat Black or a very dark Navy Blue. There must be at least 9 and a maximum of 15. The curve must bend backwards. There does not need to be an equal amount per side.

But not to worry it's just a matter of getting the light blue decals off and then putting on a more Blackhole colour. You can pick up decals for your specific helmet here: TK-4510

As far as construction goes it looks like you guys did a really good job. I think the openings in the frown will need enlarging (but that's cosmetic).

And I hate to be the one to mention this but your TK friend, with his TK sensibilities, may have given you an issue with the tube stripes.

From the Black Hole Control (here):

TUBE STRIPES: Acceptable colors are Gloss Black, Flat Black or a very dark Navy Blue. There must be at least 9 and a maximum of 15. The curve must bend backwards. There does not need to be an equal amount per side.

But not to worry it's just a matter of getting the light blue decals off and then putting on a more Blackhole colour. You can pick up decals for your specific helmet here: TK-4510

Oh I knew there was something wrong!!!

I can't use the black lens and blue stripes???

What advice do you have on painting the frown?

Do I just get can of silver or chrome silver humbrol paint and a brush use that?

OK thank you sir

Ernesto - I put most of the info in the PM I responded to ... let me know if you have any other questions ;)

Looks good, actually I would go with black tube stripes, been discussing things with the LMOs and as standards get pinned down, blue may be dropped off the list. I'll explain it in more detail later when I know for sure.

Besure to drill and file out those teeth right to the edges so you get more airflow.

-iz

Thanks for the input Iz!

Didn't know that about the blue, just noticed they weren't in the current controls.

We'll need to change the default forum back ground if and when that change happens.

its shiny so i dont mind all three lol though i prefer to own it....though the red isnt my scene so i will just be the other three excluding the red XD

I used to have the blue decals that come with the FX lid, now I have the eFX and my sister has the Hero Scootch, with silver lenses and black decals. Just love the way those look. But I guess it would be a matter of taste on the lenses.

• 3 months later...

Looks good bro. Took me a minute to figure out the blue was a reflection. :lol:

Kind of hard to tell. Do you have tubes stripes on there?

not yet boss, I'll get the gloss black stripes

is that good?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

looks fine bro. Although, you might want to remove the mylar. Right now it is acceptable, but we're close to releasing the new CRL which states

"(a.k.a. O2 canister) attaches to the back of the belt. This is an all black cylinder 2 to 2.5" in diameter with black end caps and a black control panel pad, with controls closest to the right end cap."

so it may be unacceptable by the time you're ready to submit your approval pics.

If it makes you feel any better...I currently have it on mine and need to remove it also....:)