Starting a Jimtripon DT Build

Hey all, ive finally made the first step into the DT by ordering Jim’s kit and i have a few questions.

First off i talked to a local professional car painter and hes agreed to paint the armor once i sand it down and get it all ready. Is that a good idea??

Is there a place i can get strapping or what do you recommend for assembling the pieces together?

What kind of sanding paper will i need for Jim’s kit?

What are the realist magazine cartridges available for shipping to Canada?

Thanks for your time and help.

• Like 1

Hi Mark. Congrats on your order.  I am building one of Jim’s deathtroper kits as well and have been very happy with everything so far.  

There are different ways to strap the kit.  I am using a similar way to the TK strapping with snaps glued into the armour plates and connected with elastic strapping.  Others have created a corset with the abdominal pieces and keep them in -lace with suspenders while the Chest and back are floating free over top.

Here are some photos of how I did it:

08IGfTC.jpg

EdKMOse.jpg

Here is a link for the corset method 

https://imgur.com/a/xaRbyZg

For sanding, I start with 80 grit and then go to 120 then 220 grit paper

Not sure about the magazine cartridges.  I plan on resin printing mine. Where are you in Canada?  I am near Toronto.

• Like 2

Hi Mark!

Excellent choice in beginning to build a DT. Looking forward to your progress!

Make sure to make your way to several build threads and see what others have done. There are so many ideas that would definetely help you for the beginning. A very individual approach is always due. There is no such thing as "the" solution for everyone. @DoggyDoc has already given some examples. And in my opinion, the prudent thing is to try😀

On 2/4/2023 at 4:32 AM, GrandAdmiralDeathTrooper said:

First off i talked to a local professional car painter and hes agreed to paint the armor once i sand it down and get it all ready. Is that a good idea??

As for the question above: my kit is painted with automotive car paint and that works excellent. I would always go this way again!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, DoggyDoc said:

Hi Mark. Congrats on your order.  I am building one of Jim’s deathtroper kits as well and have been very happy with everything so far.  

There are different ways to strap the kit.  I am using a similar way to the TK strapping with snaps glued into the armour plates and connected with elastic strapping.  Others have created a corset with the abdominal pieces and keep them in -lace with suspenders while the Chest and back are floating free over top.

08IGfTC.jpg

EdKMOse.jpg

Not sure about the magazine cartridges.  I plan on resin printing mine. Where are you in Canada?  I am near Toronto.

hi im near montreal and for the mag clips i ordered the long and short ones from airsoft sites. actually found a place in toronto i think that had them very cheap

13 hours ago, DoggyDoc said:

08IGfTC.jpg

EdKMOse.jpg

here is the link 

https://buyairsoft.ca/product/lucid-lg3-500r-magazine/

also i really like the snap and strap method you used. may end up sending you some dms or a facebook add if you wouldnt mind when the time comes.