Suul'yar's Nova

Suulyar

ACJay's armor arrived the other day and it is beautiful.

4/26 To do/buy list:

-Undersuit- purchased

-Gloves- need (ACJay referred me to some nice inexepensive gloves at Home Depot, but we will have to see if they will fit my tiny hands)

-Neck seal- need to purchase material/make

-Pauldron- Referred to website

-Backpack- Pretty sure a combined trip to WalMart/Home Depot will get me off to a good start

-Boots- I will search around locally a bit before buying online

-Trimming to my 5'5" size

-Snaps installment post trimming

-Weapon

-Paint touch ups in couple areas

Darn my paying off my car...methinks payday will be a welcome day.

To do/buy list:

-Trimming to my 5'5" size

Please take pics as there are smaller troopers, both men and women, who look at building a kit made for a larger build as daunting ... it'd be great to see what you do.

There is a good post over on the FISD that takes a larger kit and trims it down: here - it's not the same kit as yours but the techniques and ideas might be helpful.

Can't wait to see your progress!

**Opens Nova Field Manual**

I thought the minimum height for the Nova Corps was 6'?

Jk lol. Good luck with your modifications. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

**Opens Nova Field Manual**

I thought the minimum height for the Nova Corps was 6'?

I am going to ignore that 6' comment...I will let it slide this time. ;)

Seriously, Sith'ari, stop razzing the guy... We all know it's really 6'3" ***runs and hides***

Can't wait to see another nova trooping around! Be sure you post pics and ask questions if you need help or just want some ideas!

-iz

My wetsuit came in today, but it was too small so I am sending it back According to user comments on their site, the company recently changed their sizing, but hasn't updated the sizing chart.

Hopefully I will be picking up gloves this weekend and working on my neck seal if time permits.

EDIT: Rather than ordering a size up, I am just going to go with ol' faithful UA.

I was able to pick up a black compression shirt from Walmart this weekend...still working on the leggings. I also picked up a couple pairs of gloves made out of jersey. The gloves are going to meet a nice bucket of black dye soon. I picked up a yard of black cloth for my neck seal and it will be joining my girth belt in the sewing machine production line.

This may seem like slow progress, but I have also been working steadily on my mando in conjunction. I've learned a lot through trial and error with my mando and I think that will end up saving me some time and headache with my Nova.

Seriously, Sith'ari, stop razzing the guy... We all know it's really 6'3" ***runs and hides***

-iz

we'd be the only Novas then ;)

@Sul, remember it's a marathon not a sprint. Good luck.

"* NECKSEAL: Black ribbed neck seal. The ribs should be horizontal, not be loose, and should extend from the base of the neck to the top of the adam's apple."

But, but, but...I don't have an adam's apple. :( haha

Sorry, just looking through the CRLs and that made me laugh.

I have definitely eliminated cheap and fast out of the whole "Cheap, fast or good -Pick two" idea. I am thankful that ACJay's kit has given me an excellent starting point, but I am going to take the tortoise route the rest of the way.

Picked up my black dye yesterday. Seriously considering doing the neck seal this weekend. Anyway, actually put on the armor for the first time last night. That was a little tricky without snaps in place. I watched costumebot and saw some neat tips and ideas.

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu222/sullis/IMG_0489.jpg

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu222/sullis/IMG_0488.jpg

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu222/sullis/IMG_0487.jpg

EDIT: Links fixed.

It's a good habit to check here before you order something off eBay. Usually we can find a trusted seller for most parts, so you don't take the risk. Though with gloves, I don't think that'll be a big deal.

-iz

"* NECKSEAL: Black ribbed neck seal. The ribs should be horizontal, not be loose, and should extend from the base of the neck to the top of the adam's apple."

But, but, but...I don't have an adam's apple. :( haha

LOL .... but you still have the thyroid cartilage. To locate just place 2 fingers on the neck and have a sip of a glass of water. You should feel a slight lump move under your fingers - that's what you're looking for.

LOL .... but you still have the thyroid cartilage. To locate just place 2 fingers on the neck and have a sip of a glass of water. You should feel a slight lump move under your fingers - that's what you're looking for.

Yeah, I got the general idea. I was just playing around. :teehee:

XD man i still slowly working on my nova =D and i dont have an adams apple either hehe I tend to ignore things like that lol reguardless with a chest piece and cod piece people will mistake us as guys anyways....till they hear my loud speakers...

Pauldron and a few extra goodies should be enroute today. Gloves should be here today or tomorrow. Going to try to have the boyfriend's brother pick me up some snaps from his store (having a connection at a hobby shop definitely rocks).