Dark Trooper - I have a suit, what next?

Wow, @Andreas Funk, this is looking so awesome! 

You have nice detail on the ab greebles: I think mine are missing a bit of fine detail at the front, but I don't have a good reference for what it should look like. Need to add that to my list of improvements. 

The chest section on yours looks shallower front-to-back than mine. 

The file I used has long struts along the lower edge of my ribs, and then detail sections that lock into that. This makes the chest very spacious inside, which was good as it gives space for my cooling fans. But it makes the suit really challenging to wear: I can't reach across my front e.g. with my left hand to put on my right bicep, because the chest section is too boxy. It's a major problem I still haven't solved, other than having a 'squire' or droidsmaid to help me get in and out of it!

Really looking forward to more pictures. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Thanks
Your work looks good too.
Is your armor entirely EVA or 3D printed?
I don't think EVA is allowed for armor construction on the 501 st.
So I measured a Hot Toys 1:6 figure and all the parts are 99% the same as on this figure.
Finally I will deep draw all the parts and build them up on doll and then make them wearable for a human.

Imperial greetings
Funkhttps://imgur.com/f80lwKZ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Andreas Funk, my armour is mostly PLA printed, the feet and some of the belt greebles are EVA foam: I needed the feet to be flexible for safety and the STL files for the belt greebles were impossible to print. I have a friend who is into leather work so I'm hoping he can help me remake the belt greebles in patent leather. 

• Like 1
Hello Jo
5 boxes are made of plastic (Beskar) and 3 bags are made of leather
I deep-drawn the shoes and screwed them to my boots so that they could move.
We are 4 men who want to have a Darktrooper and since it is 1.90 tall, I designed shoes for all of them so that the size later fits
The shoes are based on Disney's stunt suit and were also exhibited as such.

Imperial salute
Andreas

https://imgur.com/loCqH09

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

@HidingInCosplay

Just checking in on this thread. Any more progress and or photo updates? Also I have been using Nikko's statue files and hollowing them out to be wearable. You said you also go files from Andromeda 3D, do you have a link for their files. I have searched their Instagram posts but no luck.

• Like 1

Hey, @Chaos, thank you for checking in and many apologies for lengthy radio silence. 

My suit is up and running, I've made a lot of updates since posting last, I'll get some pics posted over the Christmas break (work and life have been a bit nuts). 

The Etsy shop I got the Andromeda files from shut down literally the day after I bought them, so I've never had documentation or even images of what it should look like from them. My print guy and I have made a lot of adaptations from them anyway as much wasn't wearable. 

If you've got other questions please do let me know, I'm happy to answer. 

Upgrades since last posting:

Switched the thigh sections to adapted Nikko version

Adapted the bicep sections; cut away the top section to allow more freedom of movement and to stop massive pront fails, adapted fittings to make it easier to put on.

Reprinted chest, back, biceps, thighs, shoulders in PETG (following a 26° day at a June event causing major heat damage). 

Added lights to chest, upgraded eye lights.

Remaining work:

Further edits to thigh sections to stop them cheese-grating my knees

Remake belt pouches in leather (currently smallest are still EVA foam)

More fancy electronics (sound card, chasing chest lights and eye lights). 

Mechanical fixings for shoulder panels - they're currently velcroed and it keeps failing/drooping. 

Photos to follow, let me know if there's anything in particular you want to see. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

@HidingInCosplay   AMAZING!!! I put my build on a hiatus for a while, but have started working on my files again. Thank you for mentioning issues you have had with Nikos files and other things you discovered along the way of your build. I have completed the hands and finger files (such a pain in the arse!) but hopefully, and I have said this a couple of times, I can get them assembled this week to make sure the modifications I made work. If they do work out I'll post up the files if anyone wants to give them a try. 

(photos of assembled files in my build thread)

• Like 2