CRL adjustments

Sorry to revive a dead thread but I got some information from the makers of the armour for the series. The armour wasn't even painted. It was fast cast black resin, they didn't have time to paint them as they were churning them out at a high speed, just painted the details and used hycote matt black spraypaint to touch up damage. Probably explains all the weird lighting reflections etc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...
On 2/20/2024 at 9:39 PM, fb501 said:

Sorry to revive a dead thread but I got some information from the makers of the armour for the series. The armour wasn't even painted. It was fast cast black resin, they didn't have time to paint them as they were churning them out at a high speed, just painted the details and used hycote matt black spraypaint to touch up damage. Probably explains all the weird lighting reflections etc

Not sure if you still about on ISG Fraser but sent you a message over there, will send it here as well .Hopefully you pick it up

image.thumb.png.5b8827af8e777f3c8073822213059782.pngimage.png.520750717d72f8ca428e3c80c3e81322.png

A new detail I spotted: You can see in the new behind the scenes clip, that the very first hole in the barrel shroud is shaped differently, as if it were to accommodate the hook of a Sterling stock. The stock is of course shorter (or the barrel longer in this case).

The two blasters on the top of this pile seem to be "hero" blasters. They have holes in the barrel shroud. The blaster on the bottom right appears to be a stunt casting of sort. The holes are only hinted at. 

You can also see the front sling loop being present on only 1/4 guns. Imo this should lean towards making that sling loop an optional piece.