Approval Pics sent in this week!

Here are some pics we sent in to our Florida Garrison this week, they are as close to perfect as I could get with just my significant other assisting me and he with a smashed up hand! Plus, it was HOT so we weren't lingering outside too long. I debuted the suit at Ancient City Con about 10 days ago and anlready received some "battle damage" in a few places. Let me know what you all think!

100_1594.jpg

100_1595.jpg

100_1596.jpg

100_1597.jpg

100_1598.jpg

100_1600.jpg

100_1604.jpg

Looks fantastic - well done.

I don't want to be critical but do you have a holster ... I didn't see one in the pics.

Looks fantastic - well done.

I don't want to be critical but do you have a holster ... I didn't see one in the pics.

I think holsters have been "defined" as an accessory and aren't needed for approval, but like blasters they are recommended. Not positive on that though. Just submit them and see what the LMO says.

Great looking suit... So where was your build thread? :o

-iz

izzi - thanks for the insight! That's good to know as my wife and I only have one holster between us ... and one of us is not great at sharing.

Again good looking pics! Let us know when you hear a reply.

I have a holster for my TK but the leather needs some work as it's old, it didn't look so black anymore next to the glossyness of the TX! i did my TK approval without a holster at all as well. I do quite a few troops without weapons so only use it 50/50!

As for the build thread, well...I have some pics of progress but alot of my building was overshadowed by SWW...I will make a thread with what I have! I can give alot of advice, I built everything like my TK as both suits are ATA but did a few changes on this one.

I hope the approval will go okay as well, I know I would LOVE to show it off at CV with the 501st :)

If only I could talk my wife into one....:rolleyes:

lol i can kinda see the conversation

"but honey! Its for the children!"

"....no"

Well, she does have a good excuse. She's half deaf and refuses to wear a bucket. She does however go to almost every troop with me and handle for us. The garrison has nicknamed her "The Saint"

I guess maybe I'm one of those rare women whose man serves as a handler :) He also packs a mean portable bar to alot of functions! My fellow Squad 7 members and I keep trying to talk him into something (he is 5'10" and about 245 pounds, a powerlifter) like a Republic Commando but he insists the heat would kill him. He is a veritable fountain of Star Wars knowledge though and has always been one hell of a fan. Best support I could ask for.

I guess maybe I'm one of those rare women whose man serves as a handler :) He also packs a mean portable bar to alot of functions! My fellow Squad 7 members and I keep trying to talk him into something (he is 5'10" and about 245 pounds, a powerlifter) like a Republic Commando but he insists the heat would kill him. He is a veritable fountain of Star Wars knowledge though and has always been one hell of a fan. Best support I could ask for.

If he doesn't want to wear armor, then stick him in an officer or crew uniform! :D

-iz

The Florida folk are super nice down here.. I was able to get my TX through in about a week. With CV coming up I think they are really looking at things with speed! Pictures look awesome! Keep us posted.... Will be nice to have another FL TX! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I want to be the first to say_ Congratulations!!!!!! Glad you got accepted, we now have another TX in our midst. I know you will love being in the 501st and going on numerous troops! Enjoy being TX and... cliche, yes, but "may the force be with you" :D