Matt's IAT Aldhani Build WIP

Hi Folks

Well after loads of research and questions and more research it's time to start a WIP.  Now this wont be a long or easy journey , it never is for me however ,

I have a least got the semblance of a plan and please feel free to give tips , pointers and advice where needed , its all constructive and will get another trooper in the field 

And all being well once cleared I can get a picture taken at the dam where the eye was shot 😉. ( Im in Edinburgh )

Right then as per the CRL I'll go top to tail with items and where im getting them from.  Wont list paint yet  as although I believe its matte black the point I will need that is far enough down the line there will be a definite answer either way ( or failing that as per CRL lol )

To cover all bases ( thanks to extended timeframe I can gather both soft cap and helmeted builds just in case )

Helmet ( in anticipation of v3 ) and goggles etc - WTF

Soft Cap - From seamstress as below

Code Disk for cap - Arrived

Tunic and Trousers will be made to suit by local RL costumer who's a seamstress and has made one before ) and all soft goods will recoloured to match CRL as needed 

Main Armour -/ Shoulders and Biceps - WTF - Ordered

Gloves - Dents ( Daniel ) leather gloves - Amazon UK - Arrived

Boots - Crowprops - Ordered-awaiting measurements email from them

Belt - leather and grooved - Baileys Build Designs - Ordered from their Etsy Shop

Belt Boxes - Pre-painted gunmetal grey - Baileys Build Designs - Ordered from their Etsy Shop

Belt Hooks - Etsy - Arrived

E10.5 - 3D printed either by self ( Bozzy1979 files )  - DBay94 - Ordered from Etsy Shop

Mer-Sonn Power 5 pistol ( as seen on screen in episode The Eye  - 3D-props - printed awaiting prep and paint

Power 5 holster  ( as seen on screen in episode The Eye - ( same as ISB P5 holster ) - Darman Props ( Etsy )

Sling - 1" black webbing - Amazon UK - Ordered

Sling Accessories ( per CRL ) - snap hook buckle clips to rear swivel as seen on screen - Etsy (Arrived)

Sling Accessories - Tri-glide slider ( as seen on screen ) - eBay UK to be painted as required. - Ebay UK - ordered

If there is anything amiss or anything I need to address please let me know and we can get this over the line , whenever that will be 

Buckle up folks 

• Like 2

Following since I am the ISG's armourer for Imperial Army costumes.

Good to see you've got a list assembled

Also remember you will need to post a finished WIP on your local forum since that's where you get approved.

Good luck cadet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 7/13/2024 at 9:41 PM, SirCalcium said:

Also remember you will need to post a finished WIP on your local forum since that's where you get approved.

Good luck cadet

Cheers man , seen you over there dude.

Yeah thats no issue.  Ill cross post to the ISG as I need to once everything is here and ready to be worked on

• Like 1

I spoke to walt a long time ago abt his set, not sure if his kit will work but it actually is one of the larger kits. I was 370 LBS (26 stone) and never could wear armor, but now my limitiing factor seems to be my ribcage which I guess is kinda big.   So I started 3d printing and started printing my own armor to fit me. It was a journey for sure, but it was made to fit. 

• Like 2
On 7/24/2024 at 12:35 PM, Blackwatch said:

I spoke to walt a long time ago abt his set, not sure if his kit will work but it actually is one of the larger kits. I was 370 LBS (26 stone) and never could wear armor, but now my limitiing factor seems to be my ribcage which I guess is kinda big.   So I started 3d printing and started printing my own armor to fit me. It was a journey for sure, but it was made to fit. 

Spent a lot of time speaking to Walt about his stuff and hes seen pics and has measurements.  We reckon it should be okay but at least can get the version 1 sorted If nothing else..  The scout was no issues with that armour and the bells are bigger on the IAT so will see , theres no rush and I am trying to lose weight so it'll be fun

• Like 2

Ive lost 150 myself, down to 220, so I am totally there with you. I actually have an IAT suit I need to sell. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Decided to have a go at printing the armour , bells and biceps were measured and then scale checked.

Rest of the armour pieces then scaled to suit. Why not try it , the absolute worst I have to do if that doesn't work is buy the WTF which after many chats I know will fit.

Should be good as my scout is not an issue and that has a similar ( ish ) clamshell.

Just doing the front pieces for now to see if worth pursuing 

• 3 weeks later...

its been a pretty horrific time of late so plenty of things were on hold. Decided to go ahead with the V1 for now and can always sort the armour out later.

Will be re printing some rifle bits and sorting the pistol out ( paint prep ) as I gotta do the rifle and pistol for extra cool

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2024 at 9:41 PM, SirCalcium said:

Good luck cadet

WIP up in ISG buddy

glad to know you can order that stuff semi-locally but Im sure it has to be horribly expensive. Its not cheap here. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

glad to know you can order that stuff semi-locally but Im sure it has to be horribly expensive. Its not cheap here. 

It is what it is eh.

All the stuff from Etsy will be here months end and the armour by year end.  Boots and soft goods will be next year but with it being properly tailored jacket and trousers its worth the cost to get the test fits etc 

Will be worth it

• Like 2