Storm Commando - Redux

Chef

• 2 weeks later...

Mainly because I have never applied.

My Scout costume does go a little beyond Lancer in terms of detailing, but I have had serious reservations about the whole process for many years, so never bothered applying.

Marcel and Andy know exactly why (I was talking to Andy about this very thing about an hour ago).

Just to illustrate my point.

You'd fail a Lancer application if you didn't have the T-Bits both facing forwards when mounted on MonCal Biceps, yet if they were both facing forwards but on SC biceps you'd pass. Yet the shape of the SC biceps is clearly not the same as what is seen on screen, and there is no screen evidence to suggest that both the T-Bits face forward anyway!

Food for thought!

But hey, I do the costume as well as I can. Tags don't concern me too greatly.

But the IMPORTANT questions is.....

Forest Trooper, Hoth Scout or Aquatic Assault Trooper next??

You're not the only one who's been pushing for that, Steve.

One of the chaps over here has been pestering me to do it. I've got some tanks on the way (just in case). I was originally against the idea, but the more I look at it, the more I am being taken with it. I'll be doing a WEG version (if I do one), so will need to resculpt some of the moulds. So this will probably be the middle one in terms of difficulty to complete.

I'm still very set on doing a Camouflaged Scout, as this was a personal mission of mine for many years after reading about it in a book. And this one is probably the easiest for me to complete seeing as it's just a camo job on a standard scout.

Then there is the Hoth Scout. Now, I really like this one (and I've made a duster and got my mukluks already), and it's probably my favourite, but its the one that is going to take the most time in terms of making the new parts.

As I understand it, none of the above three are actually Legion Approved yet, so will be looking to do a good job so I can push for approval. at least that way, it opens up more stuff for everyone else to do, rather than having to take the plunge with possibly no 'useable' outcome.

I have SC, and my t-bits face forward. I seriously want to upgrade to MC armor though. Hell, maybe upgrade my suit too. It'd have to be when I have a lot of extra money and no other costumes I'd want to do. I'm gonna bug Andi to keep bugging you about Lancer lol.