My NEW Shadowtrooper Helmet!!!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 501st is supposed to be about fun and helping each other out, not running a monopoly for profit. A lot of the sellers have gotten out of control. Feel free to sell them, I don't think it matters if it takes some of his "action".

Personally I feel his fans are overpriced. I can buy the shrink tubing, fans and plastic 9v boxes for around $15 and assemble it myself for half the price he is selling them at(Which is exactly what I did).

Basically what I'm saying is if you want to sell them, go for it don't let anyone else discourage you from doing it.

Ok. I just don't want to be cast as a "recaster" as it were. I am selling the scope rails and Hengstler counters simply because i can make them and no one else sells them....so I can help guys out...I will look at how cheap I can make those fan kits....

There are many many many people in the legion who make the same things as each other. Competition is good just as it is for the general economy. It prevents people from over charging for items. If you can make them cheaper he'll be forced to lower his prices so he's not making such a huge profit as I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost him any where near $30 to make them...

You can get those fans for a little over $3 a piece. The tubing and extra wiring is only a few bucks also. Couple bucks for a battery pack and electrical tape and you're good to go.

The same can be said for the helmet padding. I've found all kinds of cheap helmet padding on ebay. The type they use in hockey, biking, baseball, skateboarding helmets etc..

Please, derail! this is the most action I've gotten all month! :laugh1: But seriously, I have been pricing components, and looking at the overall feasibility of this, and I could probably do this for less. I could do them in batches of 10 with battery compartment, TWO fans (as opposed to one) and shipping for about the same as what he is charging for one. any thoughts?

Where I can buy fun kit for 12V?.

The fans may be 12v fans but 12v batteries of that size do not last long at all. You'd be better off using 9v batteries, the fans will run at almost the same speed but for much longer.

Yeah, I PM'd back and forth with him, and I am going to do the Two fan kit in 9v for him. If he is happy, I may start selling them, at about the same price as the single fan kits...

• 2 weeks later...

I can do the fan kit (two fans, 4 AA battery case with on/off switch) for $30 plus shipping (about $6 in the US, about $12 to $17 internationally). I will not be making more than a couple $ each, but that's not what it's about...

So here is the side by side of my old helmet (AM/FX) and my new one...

_______________________________AM (FX)____________________________________ARAKYEL (AT3)______

7507607734_d9f9dce83f_b.jpg

I can do the fan kit (two fans, 4 AA battery case with on/off switch) for $30 plus shipping (about $6 in the US, about $12 to $17 internationally). I will not be making more than a couple $ each, but that's not what it's about...

So here is the side by side of my old helmet (AM/FX) and my new one...

_______________________________AM (FX)____________________________________ARAKYEL (ATA)______

7507607734_d9f9dce83f_b.jpg

Brings back memories of when I upgraded my helmet. No more franken-head. ;)

I have a question Evilboy whether I could use this picture, I doesn't have yet a comparison between the FX and my helmet.

The difference in size seems to be a huge.

For small correction this helmet is AT3 - (from ARAKYEL ​​Trooper, 3 version).

I have a question Evilboy whether I could use this picture, I doesn't have yet a comparison between the FX and my helmet.

The difference in size seems to be a huge.

Absolutely! :thumbsup: Do I get Photo credit in your magazine ads? :laugh1:

For small correction this helmet is AT3 - (from ARAKYEL ​​Trooper, 3 version).

Edit Made!