izzi's AM Armor Build

• 2 months later...

Okay, I actually started to work on the shins, I'll post up pics over the weekend when I get some free time. I was busy helping a potential member with the biceps and forearms of his TX! :teehee:

-iz

Alright, so here's me playing with armor again!

First off, I hate return. The only armor that has it is fan made. All LFL references that I've seen don't have it, so I took a dremel to it all and now it looks like it'll be nice and comfy.

I decided I wanted a smaller ridge that the am armor arrives with and I needed to bring in the shin a bit, as I'm not a Swamptrooper who's related to the Hulk. So I cut down the front and back ridge of the exterior halves to 20mm.

DSCF2352.jpg

On the in interior one though I only cut the front down to 20mm. the back I left long, so it leaves a big flap that tucks into exterior calf. This way when i go to size it over my boots, I'll definitely have the excess needed to close them properly, plus since I don't need to get rid of it, it'll allow for changes in the future.

DSCF2354.jpg

DSCF2356.jpg

One day, I'll finish this!

-iz

Looks good, I'll have to crack the whip over Clark and get him to get his done.. (and get some work done on my armour too)

Yeah, well now that I'm actually getting things figured out, it'll be easier to help him! :D

-iz

Okay, so I put velcro on the other shin, spent time grinding down more return and started gluing the biceps together. Doesn't seem like much, but I was answering questions to help out 4 others at the same time. So I'd say it was an eventful night! :teehee:

-iz

Box of goodness!

armourpartymar16th2011019.jpg

My biceps have grown since I trimmed these, so I'm playing with gluing them slightly bigger than they were meant to be. Hope it works!

armourpartymar16th2011021.jpg

armourpartymar16th2011020.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, back at it! (Sort of)

So I finished gluing the biceps together

DSCF2366.jpg

One thing I did find was that they make them long and thin, so I had to take a heat gun to them and round them out a bit. Left is a normal one, right is one after it's been heated and shaped.

DSCF2369.jpg

Got a package in the mail!

DSCF2386.jpg

Time to drool... Had to sell some things, but decided to upgrade. Now I lust need to look at what it would take to make it a full DLT-19. :woot:

DSCF2387.jpg

And for the next post... I decided to experiment with figuring out how the Det can have better boots for relatively cheap.

1st You take some TKboots that cost around $60 shipped.

DSCF2399.jpg

Then you take these: Left is an automobile vinyl upholstery paint, right is a vinyl prep, together these things cost about $25. Cool thing is that you can probably get at least 3 sets of boots out of them.

DSCF2401.jpg

Spray with the vinyl prep and wipe down then quickly rinse off with water. Then spray a coat of paint and let it sit for 30. They add a second coat of paint and let it rest overnight. Final outcome looks like this:

DSCF2405.jpg

DSCF2406.jpg

DSCF2407.jpg

They get the trooping test this weekend, so I wouldn't run out and paint your own just yet. I'll let you all know how they hold up!

-iz

Okay, so I put velcro on the other shin, spent time grinding down more return and started gluing the biceps together. Doesn't seem like much, but I was answering questions to help out 4 others at the same time. So I'd say it was an eventful night! :teehee:

-iz

Box of goodness!

armourpartymar16th2011019.jpg

My biceps have grown since I trimmed these, so I'm playing with gluing them slightly bigger than they were meant to be. Hope it works!

armourpartymar16th2011021.jpg

armourpartymar16th2011020.jpg

What are with the clamps??

sir

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...