magma-izzi Take 2!

Alright, everyone saw the gem I had before... Then I let Splattum have it. Well, I've run across another! But, this one is in even worse shape, complete with a break on the back plate where one of the shoulder straps connect and multiple discolorations here and there. This will be a fun project to see if the armor can be resurrected, or I'll break down crying if the 501st loses a set of natural red armor. There is some hope. there are two sets of the plastic belt, so If I butcher 3 of the panels, I may be able to both expand the thighs and fix that back plate if I add a little bondo and paint.

-iz

DSCF1854.jpg

DSCF1856.jpg

DSCF1855.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude!

Where do you keep coming up with all these armor sets!!!???

Geez, I can't even get anyone to sell me a white FX belt and ammo box, and here you go showing up with another rare set of red!

Awesome though, hope you can get it troop worthy. At the very least you could make it a set piece for the 501st room at CVI or other cons.

Dude!

Where do you keep coming up with all these armor sets!!!???

Geez, I can't even get anyone to sell me a white FX belt and ammo box, and here you go showing up with another rare set of red!

Did this belong to someone in your garrison or did you find it on the net?

Yep, I finally got a story of where the red armor in the garrison came from. Apparently there was the start to a fan film by one of the guys in the garrison, back in 2000, and one of the members in the garrison bought 10 sets of FX armor, 2 of which were red for a scene where Royal Guards got into a battle. Anyway, the white sets have been let go over the years, and he finally let his last red set go. The first red set was sold to another garrison member, who then sold it to me, and I to Splattum after it was all cleaned up. On the net these go for a pretty penny, but most people in our garrison just want the money they paid for it, so even though it's going to take some work, I don't find it as a bad deal at all.

I happen to know a bondo expert if you can wait months on end to get the work done...

But really if anyone can fix it and make it troopable iz you can :)

Thanks for the reference, but I'll see what I can do first. :) The vote of confidence is appreciated.

2 things :

1: good luck cant wait to see updates

2: why is red so rare cant u just buy red plastic and vacform it? or is red plastic like rare and hard to find?

1: Thanks, I'm going to need it!

2: From what I understand, naturally glossy red ABS is hard to get a hold of. Also due to the relatively low demand for it, armor makers can't sell enough kits to justify buying the bilk it would take to make it affordable. GT the original maker of FX pulled some in 2000 but I don't think any have been done since.

-iz

At the very least you're not rushing to get it done before CV now. You can take your sweet time and do it right. The one you sold me is still in the same great condition I got it in, minus a few minor places of wear and tear that are the natural result of lots of trooping. The only thing I really need to do is re-do some of the velcro adhesive as the few troops I did on hot days made them slide out of place a bit.

I look forward to some really cool double-magma troops with you when it's complete.

How can Izzi grab 2 red sets of armors and everyone else can't find just one?????

Now this is really an Spec Ops job!! LOL

Post your WIP pics XO, (and you ever decide to sell this one put me first in line) (I have no idea how I'm going to put the money together but put me first in line anyway!! LOL)

How can Izzi grab 2 red sets of armors and everyone else can't find just one?????

Now this is really an Spec Ops job!! LOL

Post your WIP pics XO, (and you ever decide to sell this one put me first in line) (I have no idea how I'm going to put the money together but put me first in line anyway!! LOL)

:D You're on the list right behind 138! He's been after a set for ages! Not sure I'm going to let this one go though. After I saw Splat's in person on a sunny day, I was a little jealous, even while wearing my Nova! (Don't tell Splat that, it'll go to his bucket)

-iz

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, so I pulled this out tonight and polished about half of it. I'll post pics later, as I already packed up the box, and the unpolished pieces are on top. So it's still coming along... Slowly, but surely...

-iz

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. So the pics suck, but it's late so lighting is horrid. Thought some of you would like to see it though, regardless.

I cleaned up the last of the armor. It seems to be turning out alright after all. I do still need to heat a few spots to see if I can get the discolorations to go away. I also cut out a piece of plastic to use for the shoulder replacement on the back plate.

-iz

DSCF1886.jpg

DSCF1887.jpg

shinny red it blinds me lol but looks great so far

Yeah, lighting was bad, but at least you can see that they've cleaned up alright. Just need to clean it up a bit more, rip off the old velcro for new velcro, snaps, rivets and glue, fix that broken back plate, and extend the back of the thighs.

-iz

You should just send that out here. I'd get it finished in a week. Then I'd be Blackmagma?...Magma...hole? ..:blink: On second thought, you keep it. B)

Lmao I think you just earned a new nickname.. my vote's for Magma hole :D:P:lol:

Okay, got a couple things done.

Finished the Thermal Det

DSCF1931.jpg

Found a couple of snaps already on plastic so I stuck them on the back of the Drop boxes. (DONE!)

DSCF1936.jpg

Cleaned off more crap with goo gone and then finished up the forearms... It was a forearm day today.

DSCF1932.jpg

DSCF1935.jpg

So... there's a bit more done.

-iz