Time for an upgrade

Well this seems a familiar place, I haven't been here in a long time. How are we all?

I thought I would make a post with a new beginning, and what better than an upgrade to the costume that brought me to the Spec Ops in the first place.

I've been looking at this for a very long time now. Kinda since before I even did the Shadow Scout. And it's time I finally knuckled down and got it done. Cause all I really gotta do is paint my belt, paint or cast some red T-bits (I have a Vader's Tie Fighter model I can use ;) ), change my lens and make my bandoleers.

I had a quick look at TX2399's build thread and liked the look of his Lego pieces and has given me the idea to do the same for when making the molds. I plan to cast mine, not sure just yet what material I'll be casting them out of, preferably something with a little flexibility. The hard part is knowing the detail of the individual boxes and the dimensions. If anyone can help with this, it would be much appreciated. I will be studying the reference pics though. ;)

SO, just one last look at the Shadow Scout, before it gets a promotion. :D

Img_0015.jpg

An extra query, can this be a helmet off costume also??? Cause I do have a habit of shaving my head and removing my beard, due to a certain Sith Lord costume I have been working on for 2 years :P

I don't think it's written in the CRL to be a helmet-less character, but I'd fully support it as in the comics he doesn't wear his helmet half the time. Just be sure you have the helmet as part of the costume... (Mental note of CRL option to be updated.)

-iz

Haha, awesome to hear. I guess then when i submit this I'll try for a helmet off version then. ;)

Hit the first bump, transparent Red flexible plastic seems to be difficult to come by here in Australia.

Haha, awesome to hear. I guess then when i submit this I'll try for a helmet off version then. ;)

Hit the first bump, transparent Red flexible plastic seems to be difficult to come by here in Australia.

Tough all around, and when you do find it, it is not cheap. What I would do is get a lense material that is clear and then buy a limo dark tint and then a red tint. But the limo on the inside of the lense and the red on the outside. Might be hard to see through both though. If you do have tinted lesnses already, you could just apply the red. Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Tail-Light-Tint-Vinyl-Sheet/dp/B0057K393S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347633956&sr=8-2&keywords=red+tint

Tough all around, and when you do find it, it is not cheap. What I would do is get a lense material that is clear and then buy a limo dark tint and then a red tint. But the limo on the inside of the lense and the red on the outside. Might be hard to see through both though. If you do have tinted lesnses already, you could just apply the red. Something like this:

http://www.amazon.co...ywords=red+tint

Ah thanks. I'll have to order some in the next week or so when I have more money. Coloured tinting also tends not to exist in Australia. ;)

I have a mirror Tint already so this will be great.

Here you go. The seller is even in Australia. A bunch of the Sovereign Protectors use these in their buckets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Mirror-Insert-Fits-Oakley-Eyeshield-Football-Visor-/251148718956?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a79a1536c

They work great. I have used them in royal guard and clone helmets. You'll love it.

Thanks for the help Toddo, got my visor in the mail today and wasted no time with cutting it out and fitting with my helmet.

2012-09-25154422.jpg

Couple of photo test, one with flash one without. Works great. ;)

2012-09-25154744.jpg2012-09-25154721.jpg

Darth Emphatic, I'll still be looking at that link you posted for a mando helmet visor if I can't find anything else, as this proved a little small for my mando helmet.

All I would have left is the bandoleers.... if it wasn't for that fact that I broke my boot holster just recently :( . It's fixable but I may need to dismantle and rebuild my boots (both to keep them even) in order to fix it.

• 4 months later...

WHILE THIS HAS GONE QUIET IT HASN'T BEEN FORGOTTEN.

Now that I have disable the caps lock on my computer, I'll stop shouting. also, I'm just too lazy to edit that first line.

Anyhow, as I said, this has not been forgotten. I have just commissioned Woodchuck to create for me a set of Ammo Belts as seen on the 501st forums. http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74780

Hopefully I should be able to get this finished for our largest troop in Queensland, Dreamworld Star Wars weekend. And lead my own team of Scouts on the Motorcoaster. :P

_MG_97842.jpg

I love the photo. That looks like an absolute blast.

As for the ammo belts, Woodchuck's look top-notch! I can't wait to see you with them on.

• 1 month later...

Bandoliers 90% finished. General Wier upgrade almost complete.

561928_10151560476949239_842706623_n.jpg

Also, looking at the Reference pics, mainly of the figurine, I notice that there is no specific methode by which the Bandoleers attach at the back. Where as the CRL pics show a Side Locking Clip. However the text in the CRL states no specific method, just that it attaches at the back. Therefore I have concluded to myself, that Velcro will suffice, and in fact be closer to the original source materials and reference pics. Does anyone disagree with this conclusion?