Death scout?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm still going black. Got most of the trimming done last night. Gonna finish it up today and get started on the flat black painting.

Was thinking of just dry brushing a thin coat of brown over the black in spots then doing the same with a olive green color.

Then use a soldering iron to make burn lines and holes.

yeah cool mask.

To get the best effect, I'd have part of the front of the faceplate smashed out of the lid, say half the lens (ish), and down one cheek. Just so it exposes that rather nice ripped open gore on the mask.

Not a lot... Just enough so people can see inside.

That's if you are doing a helmet.

Ok, I'm somewhat torn between painting then damaging the armor or damaging then painting. With a stormtrooper armor you either paint the cracks black or add color damage. But I was thinking that painting first then doing the damage would show the white under the black paint to give it more damaged highlights against the black. Thoughts?

Well I desided to paint fist. I figure after a add damage effects to it I'll use some brown/rust color on the "burned" sections and leave the white scratch's and white edges where I plan to cut pieces out. Just finished putting the second coat of flat black paint on, which I think the flat black is really going to help with the "aged" look. Once it dries I'll start adding the "burned/scorch" damage.

I'll try to post some pics when I'm done.