Off to a ..start??

Sorry I cant help.. I have the opposite problem.. I need an elastic band with Velcro to hold the chest down over the ab, and the shoulders are at maximum length to attachment, so there isint a gap (at the front anyway). Maybe a Master craftsperson could trim the edge of the chest piece a bit and form a new edge?? But that would be horribly difficult (but since you painted it, a join/reform edge could be painted. cutting off some of the ab that is hidden by the belt could help. but I think you need experts help.. this is my first stormie.. my others are an ARC phase1, TORjedi , bossk, colonial warrior, and a cylon called rusty :D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 week after the last troop we got a larger mob in wellington nz. raised $1400 to child cancer foundation over a 3 day con. My newly installed neckring fell out as it didn't have enough hotglue spots and the mesh in my frown melted free by the 3rd day. the temporary hold just had enough. No helmet fans but I didn't fog too badly. Lots of pics taken but not by me so I only have a couple so far.

934726_10151572368073046_688788747_n_zpse2a439c2.jpg if that's a heavy weight wrestler im a heavy weight trooper.. and a bit

601092_656864154330135_1660009656_n_zps3dda2180.jpg

and a group shot with some voice actors that were sitting opposite us all day. I just hope there is footage of me and the kneeling mando.. he was laughing how we(tks' included) cant move well compared to his suit (sitting down kneeling etc).. and he did a couple press-ups. I wasn't going to take that so I hit the floor and did press-ups beside him.. then doubled the pace and kept going after he collapsed ;) Don't mess with special forces kid.. mando or not ;) oh yeah then I struggled but stood up on my own!...

hmm something is wrong with my inputs. I had to change edit mode to do a new line.. weird. I'm burnt out and tired and my holiday is over, hopefully I can get my lazy bum to finish the suit for submission soon. cheers all :)

shot095_zps3403c812.jpg angry boidz.

this pic brings up a question.. just how high should I place the belt? it had obviously slipped down.

and the best mando ive seen in ages...shot067_zps527250f4.jpg

not much time for more work .. need to polish out a billion scratches the armour got in its transport box.. dang airlines :(

got another troop in a week or two... none to busy as a busy thing.. I need a rest!

Sorry.. been a bit busy 3 troops in 4 weeks at different parts of the country(one for two days one for three days).

Check a map of new Zealand. Hamilton then wellington then queenstown, maybe Auckland tomorrow, thats most the country covered! ( I live in Tauranga.. incase you do look at a map...)

Yes im strapping the handplates around my palm and wrist. is that not acceptable?

it works nice enough I thought.I haven't had time off to do any work to finish and get it approvable yet :pinch:

Buttons and helmet details need to be painted with stuff that dosent scratch off. And the ears still need redoing, or a tidy up... or something, they just don't sit tight enough to the helmet right now.

im supposed to be doing another troop in yet another part of the country tomorrow, but it may have fallen over. I need a sleep anyway... dead trooper is dead!

I really do plan to get finished and legit.. but trooping 95% done got in the way :dancing-trooper: oh yeah I did a boogie in the last troop.. a parade for winterfestival in a place called queenstown. It was 1 degree celcius so I needed to warm up.. and walking/high fiving just wasn't enough...

Near enough is NOT good enough, but the general public dosent know that ,so I have got away with being almost there, for now.

a pic or two of the wintery troop.. only 3 of us made it through the weather to be there...dance trooper 1010965_586606978027476_214662569_n_zps19f70a06.jpg

1011418_10151761202529880_1721485161_n_zps58ce32a9.jpgcharity we were there for

580149_10151761202689880_937644285_n_zps7d3e60b2.jpgon lake Wanaka, edge of town

2 sets of gloves and socks and a double layer of thermals as an undersuit. Sitting in the hotel before the parade assembly started we were watching it snow.. well it fell but melted.We only managed an hour or so after the parade as my fingers were freezing. Oh and apparently 1 degree was the high for the day :(

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I did a visit to a kids ward in the hospital yesterday with a couple of mates. no pics or anything yet, but I thought i'd show the helmet getting closer too done.

I got pandatroopers templates printed and cut out then traced through them for the cheek stripes. I used a black pen and I hope its right as the pen wont come off!

I also paintd the tears and traps by hand, but they came out really rough, like the paint was drying as I painted or something. Still, you cant tell from more than 1 foot away :D

20130717_1244261_zps8d5d02a7.jpg

20130717_1244401_zps1ef75566.jpg

20130717_1244131_zps3e928a4e.jpg

so close now...

the visor is not hard up against the eye holes. is that allowed?

Nobody has noticed it yet and it allowed some venting.

also.. still too scared to redo the ears. the huge horrible gaps will be the last thing to go I think..although bondy and the shoepaint might work.. hmmmmm

boil some water dip them in for 3-5 mins use some heat resistant gloves and then carefully bend the ears to better shape them to the helmet a better method than using a heat gun just a suggestion you can use this as a tutorial if you want :thumbsup:

thanks xanthis i'll keep that in mind, but I still have the reserve ears that ata sends with his suits for us newbie ear trimmers, so i'll have a hack at them first.

oh.. and since I just did a troop and had to do a trooping report.. I did it like this (until I do the proper one.. enjoy my po-em

There is a tale, not often told, of warriors great and children bold.

Rex and Ordo, a jedi too, along with I who regales you.

Did happen upon some children sick, and thought "we must do something quick!"

So armoured up and lasers loaded, through the doors the team was goaded.

Followed by another pair, we'll call them minders, for that seems fair.

We had tattoos, we did hand out.

Otherwise, we gave them nowt. Hugs and high fives all about.

Apart from Also smiles, and happy times.

And photos too..

i'm outa rhymes...

;D

oooh I should change that nowt line to read.. Hugs and high fives all about!.. whoo and 'apart from' becomes Also, to make sense.

aya inspired by reposting.. cheers :)

• 3 weeks later...

ok so the huge gaps in the ears bugged me almost to death.. but not enough to redo them, until today.

They look like they fit better to me, if a little deeper than the 'old' ones. visor and stuff glued in now. just waiting on the paint you see in these pics to dry before doing another coat and finishing off the screws and black ear bump(s).

then you know what?.. trying to get good pics for submitting for approval.

th_20130714_163032_zps3a932985.jpg

how I did the stripes.. printed a pandatrooper guide and coloured in the gaps.. :P

better ears... as far as I am going to take them anyway.. too much stress..

th_20130801_180627_zps9215a8de.jpg

Foot helmet?.. weird...

th_20130801_180718_zpsfe2211b3.jpgth_20130801_180741_zps1082a531.jpg

oh and I figured out why I had big pics and not thumbs.. sorry for killing your internets everyone..

now to get my brother to do some photos for me... maybe tomorrow... soon anyway :D

• 4 weeks later...

Sumbitted some pics today for approval. Not really sure I can do much to it if it fails somewhere (like shoulders sitting out too far... cant make them fit any closer to my body. or the small gaps on the sides..meh fat belly..lol!)

http://s62.photobucket.com/user/craigorski/slideshow/animated%20clone/magmatrooper/Approval%20photos

hope that linkie works.. loads of double ups. My Bro took photos and just dumped them into the account :)