Fade to black.....

Gday Scott

Don't know what the other guys think but i reckon around 15mm, mine were 10mm and a little weak in some instances , 15mm should be a good size because when you do butt join method which is where i thought you were going ( correct me if i'm wrong ) you will want them to fit flush on the inside of the armor when glueing the inner strips and 20mm will not always fit flush , especially the front of the calfs and biceps . So i reckon 15mm or a mix of 15 and 20 mm . Also i brought 20 magnets and wished i had 40 as you could glue more parts at the same time instead of waiting for other parts to dry .

A tip on those magnets is also to cover them in masking tape otherwise when they snap together they will crack and or chip :D

Scott have you stated your build if you need any advice hit me up and i will give you a call mate ..................always happy to help

Thanks Steve. I ended up getting 15mm x 6mm N50 magnets. I only got 15, sounds like I need to get some more. I went to spotlight today and got some titanium scissors and a craft cutter for scoring my spare plastic. My youngest son and I will start with the biceps tomorrow. :thumbsup: The only things I need to chase up are some heavy duty snaps and some webbing. Plus I'm still debating my plan of attack for a blaster.

Go tandy leather, line 24 snaps look at their current specials they have them in silver for nearly half price for 100snaps atm they are definately the best snaps available I think $28 for a hundred, i priced locally and they were $1 each, you wont need them for a while

• 5 months later...

It's been awhile, but the light at the end of the tunnel is rapidly approaching. :whistling: I need to adjust my shoulder bells, thighs and shins and with a few other little tweeks and some luck I can submit for approval shortly. A steep learning curve.....yeah! A BIG thanks to those who have helped me along the way. Cheers!

hobart_zps968a3a4f.jpg?t=1385342464

Thanks Shane, it was the first troop in my armour. I had only finished building it 11pm the night before and was having a lot of trouble getting my thigh's above the knee. But as you can see I need to raise my shoulder bells a tad. Overall I'm happy, but I do have a bit of work getting rid of excess glue on the armour. Both E6000 (which easily cleans off with WD40) and CA which will be a challenge. :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Torri. I think I'm 98% happy with my thighs but I do need to adjust my right shoulder bell again. I went thru Dizzy's tutorial and removed most of my return edge on my cod. This has given me a lot more movement. Unfortunately I snapped the top section at the rear of my calves, which resulted in me in having to notch these. I didn't want to do this as I think it looks ugly, but once again I have gained even more freedom movement. So all I need to do is fix my troublesome right should bell and attach the holster and I should be ready to submit. :thumbsup:

nerdcentral_zps088922e4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...