Got My Armor!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard ... Wow you're really moving along on this. Well done!

I recognize that Helmet. Hope you manage to take more pics of your build then I did ... That would be zero.

Have fun!

RE: Foam to make the helmet snug - I use weather stripping. About 1/2 thich and an inch wide with adhesive on the back. In Canada there is a whole "weather stripping" isle at home Depot.

"Welcome aboard ... Wow you're really moving along on this. Well done!"

I don't like to waste my time or the time of others. I am trying to conplete this by Halloween, and get into the 501st before I miss out on another awesome event!

I just found some nice ammo pouchs on ebay, there gonna look great once dyed, does anyone know where I can find a commanders cape like in this pic, i know the pic is a clone trooper, but I have seen black hole / shadow troopers with the cape. I need to know if anyone knows a place to get one.

also I would like to locate the side blaster holsters and some props to go in there as well.

CCWC.jpg

I wanted to ask you guys, I am considering ordering the Bass Amsterdam half boots for my costume,

948810-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

but I wanted to know if I HAVE to get those boots, I have a pair of Darth Vader Boots from my Deluxe Edition Darth Vader Costume, Can I just wear those or would those be considered not accurate?

These are what they look like:

boots_darth_vader.jpg

and what do you mean you recognize that Helmet?

Same one I use (the seam on the tube stripes is a dead give away):

8%20-%20Posed.JPG

You might want to replace the screening on the frown. The material that comes with the helmet does not enjoy getting wet (read: breathed on).

can you be more specific as to what Screening your talking about?

Wow ... you're moving along. If I don't get here daily you're on to something else - Good For You.

The screening on the inside of the helmet just under your nose, covered by the grey area with holes in it on the front of the helmet (referred to as the frown). The screening that comes with the helmet isn't bad but it's a bit delicate when it gets moist and it doesn't allow a lot of airflow. I replaced it, just my personal pref. Wear the lid for a while and you can decide.