Krysis Shadow Scout WIP

Krysis

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Being a 5' 8" guy its not often I get to say this but... I'm a little too tall for the flightsuit. It isn't that bad, I just cant wear anything under it. (Which isn't a bad thing when its hot)

I didn't want to go with the black lens that came with the helmet. I got a mirrored motor cycle visor to use.

5dqzde.jpg

Unable to contain myself I had my girlfriend tape the Kit on me.

10gfmkm.jpg

Now the armor is drying, I put a coat of flat black on it to knock of that shine.

11u9saq.jpg

Yup, all of the UK troopers go for a Satin Black on their Storm Commandoes. Looks ace. Proper 'Shadows'.

Just be advised Evan, I'm not sure how your Garrison will sit with the Riding Boots. They do need to be more like the Scout boots. It'll come down to what they say.

Yup, all of the UK troopers go for a Satin Black on their Storm Commandoes. Looks ace. Proper 'Shadows'.

Just be advised Evan, I'm not sure how your Garrison will sit with the Riding Boots. They do need to be more like the Scout boots. It'll come down to what they say.

Thanks Chef, but I just put those on for the picture. lol! I'll be making the correct boots. Thanks for checking out the detail.

• 2 weeks later...

So... I may have made a mistake... I put the tank on the back plate, and having started a clone build the nasty seam there in my mind needed to be filled. This is not correct I have been told. But I'm at the point where its to late to apologize. I can not undo it. How bad is this going to be? Nothing is said about it in the CRL so am I safe? lol

The seamless tank should not be a clearance issue, so don't panic about it.

The screen used items were a two part design because of the limitations of vac forming (or at least that's the summation), and were probably meant to 'look' like a one part item.

Yes we can see a visible seam, so best practice is to try and replicate the seam, but it isn't essential.

Since I had already started filling there was no turning back. So I cleaned it up...

2ypakxd.jpg

It's going to look a lot better once its painted...

The back of the Helmet is ready for painting as well.

2pzfvpk.jpg

I actually really enjoy it lol.

... I wonder if making scout and clone gear would count as experience when applying to a Car body shop? That would be great to see a manager's reaction to that.

Typical Body shop owner "Do you have any body work experience?"

Me "Why yes I do... Here is a picture of my Scout Gear and my Clone Gear"

Owner "... I don't think you'll be a good fit here."

Got a bit more done today, Painted the helmet, put a bit more bondo on the tank and smoothed that out. Also un-related to my ShadowScout, I touched up the Paint on the Girl Friend's Bo-Katan helmet. Also my Base with the Rebel Legion made me assistant temple master for our Jedi. So now I'm Busy with all Kinds of projects! Pictures to come in a bit after the paint dries a little.

The back of the Helmet needs another coat, there are a few lines from sanding that need to be covered.

10dt944.jpg

But I got ahead of my self and painted before I cut the ear holes... oh well I need to second coat it any way lol.

if2zj8.jpg

I am quite pleased with the face.

wtda8x.jpg

sweet job...

I've just finished painting one myself.

If you've not got your decals yet (or fancy some cool ones), then Mike at TrooperBay does a real swish set of Storm Commando ones. They are satin backed, but with gloss detailing.

They add in a real nice touch of contrast in what otherwise is a very plain lid.