UP GRADING MY BUCKET

Take six Dupont wires and cut some heat shrink, always put the heat shrink on first take my word on this I think I waisted about a foot of the stuff before I got it into my thick skull. Cut off the one end of four of the Dupont wires then slide on the heat shrink over each wire then splice the wires to the wires coming out of the box, slide the heat shrink over each splice then shrink it with a heat gun. I got mine from the home depot and it has a digital temp setting so I can control the temp. Very handy as a multipurpose heat tool. I like the heat shrink it makes a real nice and strong splice. With the last two wires you didn't cut take the female ends and slide them over the male ends on the board marked with the green circle in pic 2, there hard to see in the pic but there there. Then slide the piece of wire loom you cut earlier over the wires and into the box. I slide mine in about a half inch If all goes as planned it will look something like this.

IMG_1196_zpsc7b16a9e.jpg

66bd6910-865b-429b-b6be-1697447c8486_zpsbf8bc093.jpg

Before I started this project, I got all the parts I wanted and needed I new what I wanted so it was easy I just had to find them. I found some really cool mini LED rocker switches on ebay for like $5.

I took both sound boards and put the wiring with the wire loom into the holes I made in the tubing and pushed it in about half an inch or so. I cut some more heat shrink and placed it over each wire then took the wires from the sound boards and connected the two +'s together then connected the -'s together. I took some small connectors that would slide onto the switches three prongs and crimped one on the + wires from the sound boards, slid the heat shrink over the end of the connector then heated it. I then took the - from the battery box and spliced it with the - from the sound boards I took a connector and crimped it onto the end then slid the heat shrink over that connector end and heated it. I then took the Battery + slid heat shrink on and crimped the last connector on then slid the heat shrink over the end of that connector and heated it.

I started off cutting a small rectangular hole in the tubing again cut off a little at a time as you can always make the hole bigger but you can't make it smaller.

I left the hole a little snug so it will hold the switch in place. I then cut a piece of my Granger foam and tapered it so it would fit into the tubing I cut a small rectangle into the center of that and pushed it onto the back side of the switch. This offers support for the switch and a firm backing when turning the switch on and off.

06eb4379-de9d-4203-b241-7eba11b9a4fa_zpsc3718f7d.jpg

As you can see in the pic above once I had all the wires connected I used wire loom inside the tubing to keep the wires from coming out from behind the tubing once I installed it in the bucket, plus I'm a little OCD when it comes to the small details. I wanted it to look cool even if no one else saw it. The battery box you see in the pic does not stay there it's a temp holding place.

IMG_1203_zps26a44d54.jpg

Well that concludes this exciting episode of The Ruck Show. Stay tuned for our next new and exciting installment, you never know what might happen…….. Well ok so you know whats gonna happen but it's still cool! :ShadowStorm:

• 2 months later...

I took that and cut off the male end and striped the wires cut and put on heat shrink tubing and wired that to the Dupont wires coming from the sound boards for the speakers. That way if I wanted to upgrade the earphones later I can use any style of earphones I want, they'll just plug in.

The only drawback is that the sound wheel is connected in-between the earphones and the jack so if I want to change the earphones I'll need to rewire the sound wheel so It's on the other plug that is wired to the sound boards.

The sound boards I got from Amazon, there for the earphones inside the lid so you can hear the things going on outside. there not voice changers but if you want a trooper voice board send Jim from Hyperdyne labs an email, he's getting ready to do a run on some really sick voice boards. there a little expensive but well worth the price. They are very rare as he does very very limited runs on these get one while you can It might be another year or so before he might do another run.

Once I had all my wiring put together I wired in the battery boxes, the battery boxes are made pretty cheap so I took them apart and added hot glue to all the wiring. How did I know this? When I was putting in the box it slipped and dropped down and pulled the wires off the connections inside, you can't use a typical solder gun to reattach the wires it melts the plastic before getting hot enough to melt the solder, I don't have a cold solder gun and I don't know if that would work, what I do know is the hot glue sticks very well to these components so I use that to reattach the wires and It worked fantastic!!! very solid boxes now!!!