Colt's TX Build

First update with pictures included! Started work on it last weekend with my friend Andrew over on the NEG boards, got the dome in place, just needs to get the lens and the smaller things such as the aeroarters, decals, and lenses, upper torso was put together along with the arms, and tonight I just put the detenator together mostly, though I may have to fix it a little, hot glue bonded faster then expected and one side of the det is covering more of the miler strip than the other.

001-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

006.jpg

004-1.jpg

Also sorry for the lager pictures, will fix them a bit later. Also quick question, if I decide to paint my teeth on the dome silver, what color should I be looking for if anyone can give me an idea. Also it is alright to use the blue highlight ribs on the dome correct?

Nice pics and a good start. And just a heads up - If you need to cover any of the "silver Tape" on your TD at a later date spray paint will work with a bit of taping, or electricians tape (black) does a very good job).

The only true time its noticeable is if you are looking straight down on the back end of it near my butt,and if you are doing that, I hope I know you damn well. Other than that it looks good from the front which is nice, I am probably just going to glue one of the back cap since I need to leave one a little forward to give it the sense they are even. Also I'm hoping with the coming extended weekend I have this weekend, to get working on the legs and get those glued together, and I have question, ya or nay on possibly cutting the mid section of my TX so I can bend over more easily if need be to grab something?

So Working on the armor again tonight, got the aerators together and ready to be screwed into the helmet, and I am looking at the thighs tonight as well... That is a daunting task, it is the one part I most scared on to be honest when working on this I am a little bigger fan and well, the thighs are a blast by myself. ._.

Working on the legs today should have pics up this evening, also anyone got some spare rib vents I could purchase, I seem to have misplaced mine somewhere in this room. ._.

I am a "bigger fan" myself :) I put the two clamps on each end of the thighs and then held the center together while they dried. Which was only four minutes with the welder I use. But they turned out great. No gaps. If you havent alredy finished them, make sure to hold the center down so they dont gap.

Good luck.

Another round for the update. Thighs and bis are mostly done, may have a few tiny pieces to trim to get things to look flush, nothing huge luckily. Helmet is almost done as well, just need to place the decals on really, which reminds me, can I use the stripes I have pictured next to my biceps, and do I need the other decals, I.E. the gray ones or should I leave them off? Just wondering what looks better really. Also should be working on the shins this weekend, just need bigger clamps and some more abs cement, a sheet of mind made friends with my current supply and well it didn't end well for the sheet.

006.jpg

005.jpg

Also yes Izzi you begin to gloat and let your ego get bigger that is the forums on my laptop at the current time. :P

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

As you can all see also my desk has become quite crowded with everything on it. ._.

Great progress so far! Is this an AM kit? Did the helmet give you any trouble? Do you glue inside the house or out in the garage? I am using the plasticweld and it's too strong for me to use unless I open the garage.

Helmet is almost done as well, just need to place the decals on really, which reminds me, can I use the stripes I have pictured next to my biceps, and do I need the other decals, I.E. the gray ones or should I leave them off?

If the tube stripes are DARK BLUE then they should be acceptable, unless the LMO has changed his mind and is now requiring black... In which case we'll need to present sources and everything again. The LIGHT BLUE ones currently are not approvable by the LMO, though that may be a matter of presenting sources. We you hand things off to the GML for approval, be sure to include the sources you used when creating your armor. Especially when it comes to why you chose certain colors. You'd be surprised how quickly that speeds up the approval process if the LMO doesn't have to go searching through them.

Also yes Izzi you begin to gloat and let your ego get bigger that is the forums on my laptop at the current time. :P

Impossible! I've already had to widen all my doorways so my ego can fit through!

-iz

Hmm that is what I figured on the stripes, any suggestions on how to best re-color the suckers? Just asked since it seems that your TX used a lighter blue then I thought would be acceptable Iz and it looks damn close to my stripes. In any case also I am doing this mostly inside, on campus right now for college so no other spot than to do it in the dorm room. In answer to your questions Sith'ari, I believe it is an am kit and the helmet is an FX, and yes it was a pain in the an impolite person to put together, that bucket took me and my friend at least twenty minutes to get the final top dome piece in.

Hmm that is what I figured on the stripes, any suggestions on how to best re-color the suckers? Just asked since it seems that your TX used a lighter blue then I thought would be acceptable Iz and it looks damn close to my stripes.

The stripes on the Blackhole Trooper in the current background image look dark blue to me... I'll be honest though, that helmet never went past the LMO for approval. It was a later upgrade from my FX lid. It didn't get suppressed when it was put on my profile picture last year, either.

I'm not sure on recoloring the vinyl stripes. If you want to go with black stripes, you can purchase those from various sources.

As I said before, you can always use them and see what the LMO says about it.

-iz

Same here. I didn't trim my front or back pieces of my bucket at all. I simply lined it up and bolted the front and back together. Then I find the lid doesn't want to fit in. So after some brute force I realize that by pulling the lower pieces toward eachother it widens the top like so: l l -> \ /. Then it fits and hopefully the brow will cover the quarter inch gap above the bolts.

Also the sides of the two lower pieces don't join to the helmet all the way around. I may have to spot glue and hold pieces closed after the dome is firmly in place. Love the armor, disappointed with the bucket.

Your bucket looks great though, which is why I asked if it gave you any trouble.

Began applying the velcro over Halloween and thus got all my decals on my helmet finally, the tube stripes with the method I used actually came out to an extremely dark navy blue which is excellent. I will have to do a second run on them with the marker but they came out much better than originally anticipated. Velcro application is still going on, and hopefully most of it will be done tonight, then it is just adding in the padding in the helmet, and I should be set, unless other pieces of the armor need padding in other places as well, but that won't become apparent until I walk around in it.