Chaos_Geek Build

Box just arrived yesterday from SC and I had to look at everything.

post-1467-0-67443100-1396362795_thumb.jpg

So now I am terrified to do anything. So worried I will cut to much or seriously screw something up and have to order replacement pieces.

I'll have to start simple, like with the straps. :laugh1:

This is a couple steps ahead, but it's been on my mind so I figured I'd ask. I've seen a lot of people talk about Satin vs Shinny, but no one seems to go with Matte or leave it unpainted. Is there a reason?

Hi Clay.

Plenty of people leave them in their unpainted state, but the satin paint job does make them look so much better. That's the only reason.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, that's what we're here for.

Check out Jeff's site here...

http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/bikerscout/thecumberbund.html

It's about the standard scout, but they are the same, just in black.

Be advised, some of the dimensions noted on his site are a bit out of date and most things will probably need scaling to your individual frame.

Ask before diving in head first.

Check out Jeff's site here...

http://www.studiocre...cumberbund.html

Thanks Chef. I was looking at it earlier but it didn't have the detail I was hoping for. I'll have to set down and do some measuring and all that fun stuff. I saw I can have it made for $100+s&h assuming the site data is accurate, but I also found the same duck canvas in black for $5 a yard. I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine if I have a pattern, so I may need to put my skills to the test.

Yeah, do it... Much cheaper and it's not all that complicated if you can pilot a sewing machine.

Measure round the largest bit of your torso, +3" that'll give you your length. Measure from your armpit to your belt line. That'll give you your drop.

Belt line to crotch for the cod section, and it's about 8-10" across the top depending on your size.

Nice! Seriously though don't be too afraid. I have made plenty of mistakes with my build. Most of which involve super glue but I there is not too much out there that can't be fixed. ;)

They aren't required for the Storm Commando, and are a bit uncomfortable.

But if you do put it in, then they are attached by and elastic strap that then goes up inside the main bucket.

• 3 weeks later...

10258845_10154070339280296_5658811414408731624_n.jpg

So I tried gluing the dome to the back/side piece, using E 6000. Apparently, letting it sit on the dome was a bad idea and it slid and had a huge gap. I tried to fix it and it came apart...

So now I gotta start over. I guess setting it on the back would be best.

IME, e6000 needs to cure for a while, like 24 hours to be safe. I use it for attaching greeblies, small armor repairs, etc. I know others have done a helmet using it, but I would not. You might be better off using something stronger like Super Glue, Gorilla Glue, Zapagap, etc.

As Jim says, you really need a proper ABS weld glue for the plastic parts to make sure it sticks together.

But use it carefully. Lest any distortion or potential disaster.

Thanks. I will use the e6000 for the more minor things, and order the abs cement.

Any thought on getting this stuff off? I would assume just a razor blade should work.

As Jim says, you really need a proper ABS weld glue for the plastic parts to make sure it sticks together.

But use it carefully. Lest any distortion or potential disaster.

What do you mean disaster? I've never worked with the stuff and from what those down here have seemed to say they may not have either.

Hello Chex!

When e-6000 dries, parts can be separated without too much trouble. The glue can literally be peeled off without causing any problems or damage to plastic. It is cool like that! :)

I would not use ABS cement as it can melt your plastic (the potential disaster). I'd find a Super glue that works for you. I prefer Gorilla Glue since it can be found anywhere, sets quickly, and holds virtually forever. :thumbsup:

S_17186_L.jpg