Chaos_Geek Build

Finally got some work done on the armor this weekend. I'll post of pictures tonight.

I did have a question though. So the hose for the thermal detonator is supposed to be black according to the CRL. I couldn't find black hose to replace the silver, but I did the next best thing and got the spray on plastidip and it looks awesome. I know some of you all have painted your armor and I've been considering it as well and wanted to know if there was any reason I should or could not use plastidip for this purpose. It's generally more durable than spray paint and it feels off easily if I have to reapply for some reason, it also looks amazing IMO.

I don't know if paint was a problem, but one of the local guys helping me mentioned that it could chip the hose because it's so flexible. So I figured Plastidip was flexible and would be less of a problem if there was one. It looks pretty much like yours does in the photo, just a little....different. I like the look though and I think I'm gonna do the whole thing in it, would look similar to the satin finish, just maybe a little more flat. Not sure if it shows well in this image.

det_zpsf5b05c57.jpg

chest_zps8a0c7f00.jpg

belt_zps3165f47b.jpg

• 1 year later...

You live! Awesome to hear on the submission. Post up the pics if you'd like. I would love to see it.

Sure here are what I submitted

ShadowScout%20015_zpsezrk1cnv.jpg

ShadowScout%20017_zpsmckcfrnv.jpg

ShadowScout%20022_zpsghmntue3.jpg

ShadowScout%20024_zpsm7bqdven.jpg

ShadowScout%20027_zpsik2w0vl9.jpg

ShadowScout%20029_zpscnj99lef.jpg

ShadowScout%20031_zps1nwxj9xq.jpg

And Yep down in the Everglades Squad!

Good luck...

Things that they might pick up on.

The chest plate looks as though it's throttling you. I would pull it down at the front.

This will then address all the following issues.

Back plate sagging down, the gap between your pouches and top of your belt, and your bund poking out from under the chest plate a bit.

Always happens... The weight of the back/tank just drags it all down over your shoulders. I whack some velcro on the top edge of the bund and some on the bottom of the inside of the chest plate. Sorts it out a treat.

Knock your pouches out a little, so you can see all the ribbing on the cummerbund.

And shorten the drop straps to pull the boxes up a bit. They only want to be 2-3 inches below the belt line.

Paint your rivets black (or colour them in with a sharpie marker!).

Tank Topper needs to be all black, the white and red details are for the regular scout. (sharpie marker again!)

Looks pretty good on this end. Besides what Chef mentioned, you should add the matte black tank stripes. I'd also pull your belt up a bit. Just little tweaks but nothing too serious. Nicely done trooper.

• Like 1

Approved Clay? I saw ur pics on the Florida GMLs photobucket so knew u were in the pipeline. Any word?

Have't heard anything as of yet. Though I'm hoping soon, I'd like to get out and start troopin'!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...