Wraith's Shadow Scout build

Wraith

So now I am actually making progress I figured I'd better start a progress thread :D

Armour and Bucket- ordered from SC should be here in about 3-4 weeks

Gloves- in hand

jumpsuit- at a friends

Cummerbund- in hand

Blaster- need to get one

Boots- need to make them still

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see another join the Shadow Scout Ranks.

Since you have gone SC for the Armour I would go PA for the blaster. There resin kit blasters are accurate and fit nicely into the SC boot holster. However if you inted to walk around with the blaster in your holster you will need to figure out a way to keep it from jumping out, whilst keeping inline with the CRL. :blink: If you figure it out let me know how :lol: .

Also you may need to darken the visor on the SC Bucket, found mine was a little too transparent so I just stuck some Window tint on the inside,and to do this I had to remove a rivit that was holding it in. never replaced the rivit though as I found it usfull being able to remove my lens when neccesary, plus I can make multiple lenses for different light conditions. :)

Thanks for the encouragement and advice everyone.. it's much appreciated :D

Yay for progress threads! I'm still stuck on not having a flightsuit or a cummerbund on mine.

-iz

Sucks having unreliable seamstresses doesn't it :P... of course if she had some measurements she could probably remedy your lack of cummerbund pretty quickly ;) lol well as soon as she finishes up the Mando sewing projects that is :D

Oooo I'll watch this one closely as the Shadow Scout is next for me. Been having fun putting together my regular SC biker armor, so you'll have some fun with that, Wraith. The belt is ANNOYING..and maybe Crazy can attest to that...getting the straps right just...ugh. You may have a better time at it then me, as I only had myself to put it together. You'll have to bondo the seam on the SC lid and paint it though. Boots...don't be afraid of the boots. Only thing that's taking me so long is that I don't have access to a sewing machine to finish mine up. Just get you some black marine vinyl from Joannes...about 3 yards to be safe...will only run ya about $15, and get some goop. You can use E6000, which might work better since it's less...well....goopy. Good luck!!!

One more thing...with the 2" and 1.5" webbing for the belt, SC gives you nylon webbing. I would order up some black cotton webbing. I did for my Scout and looks SO much better. I got a yard of the 2" and 3 yards of the 1.5 and with shipping it ran me about $14. If you want the site, let me know.

Oooo I'll watch this one closely as the Shadow Scout is next for me. Been having fun putting together my regular SC biker armor, so you'll have some fun with that, Wraith. The belt is ANNOYING..and maybe Crazy can attest to that...getting the straps right just...ugh. You may have a better time at it then me, as I only had myself to put it together. You'll have to bondo the seam on the SC lid and paint it though. Boots...don't be afraid of the boots. Only thing that's taking me so long is that I don't have access to a sewing machine to finish mine up. Just get you some black marine vinyl from Joannes...about 3 yards to be safe...will only run ya about $15, and get some goop. You can use E6000, which might work better since it's less...well....goopy. Good luck!!!

One more thing...with the 2" and 1.5" webbing for the belt, SC gives you nylon webbing. I would order up some black cotton webbing. I did for my Scout and looks SO much better. I got a yard of the 2" and 3 yards of the 1.5 and with shipping it ran me about $14. If you want the site, let me know.

Another option for the boots is a guy over on BSN who can do them, you'll just have to fit the holster. I used the Nylon webbing supplied and found it looked fine. Plus I got it on first go, just use duct or gaffa tape to get the fitting right then make your markings and melt out the rivit holes, and melt the ends of the belt to keep from fraying. the only thing I find annoying about the belt is trying to put it on, I made my clips too tight to the thermal det so no room for movement :P

There's a guy in my garrison who is a well known maker of these boots (probably the same one Hopfot is referencing). I've already asked if he can do them in black and he can. Say the word and I'll get you in touch. wink.gif

The belt is ANNOYING..and maybe Crazy can attest to that...getting the straps right just...ugh. You may have a better time at it then me, as I only had myself to put it together.

The actual hard bits of the belt I was lucky with as I've got a set of MC armour (belt is one piece). But the boxes, generally, should be right at the height of your jeans pockets. If you're following BSN standards, the boxes really shouldn't be more than 3 or 4 inches lower than the bottom of the belt.

There's a guy in my garrison who is a well known maker of these boots (probably the same one Hopfot is referencing). I've already asked if he can do them in black and he can. Say the word and I'll get you in touch. wink.gif

If that's Dave "Witness" on BSN then yes. And My black ones were the first he made. And they turnd out awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice you guys rock!! :) I think I am going to attempt the boots myself, I helped Dart a little with his swampy boots so hopefully I can put mine together okay :)

Look what arrived today!!! I am so excited :D

shadowscout002.jpg

Storm Trooper (my dog) give the box his sniff of approval :)

shadowscout004.jpg

The box opening ceremony commences...

shadowscout007.jpg

All neatly packed, it wont stay that way for long.. ;)

shadowscout010.jpg

Not the most flattering pic of me but I love that you can see my mando wip and jedi belt wip behind me :D costumes everywhere.. does it get any better than that? :D

shadowscout012.jpg

Buckets on! Gonna have to fix those lenses I think.. but it fits!! and once it's all padded it'll fit even better :D

shadowscout014.jpg

All unpacked and laid out :D so shiny!!

So yeah as you can tell I am more than a little excited that I finally have armour of my own! :D

Thanks for all the advice you guys rock!! :) I think I am going to attempt the boots myself, I helped Dart a little with his swampy boots so hopefully I can put mine together okay :)

Look what arrived today!!! I am so excited :D

shadowscout002.jpg

Storm Trooper (my dog) give the box his sniff of approval :)

shadowscout004.jpg

The box opening ceremony commences...

shadowscout007.jpg

All neatly packed, it wont stay that way for long.. ;)

shadowscout010.jpg

Not the most flattering pic of me but I love that you can see my mando wip and jedi belt wip behind me :D costumes everywhere.. does it get any better than that? :D

shadowscout012.jpg

Buckets on! Gonna have to fix those lenses I think.. but it fits!! and once it's all padded it'll fit even better :D

shadowscout014.jpg

All unpacked and laid out :D so shiny!!

So yeah as you can tell I am more than a little excited that I finally have armour of my own! :D

I see you went with SC armor. Nice. If you wanna have it look even more black and glossy I would use automotive spray paint made for vinyl. It drys fast and gives when the armor bends. It will give your armor a HIGH gloss shine. I used it on mine it looks great. I have the same armor as I know Jeff pretty good. You have his helmet, if you wanna get rid of the seem up the back you'll have to do some bondo work to it.

If you need stickers for you helmet I have some here for the shadow scout helmet, for 15$ mailed. Its a complete set for the helmet. I do not have gray pin stripping for the tank, its hard to find.

Good luke with the build, any questions feel free to PM me or email me Treedodger1138@yahoo.com

Your flat is in real mess :blink:

Yes! A sure sign of armoring going on! Looks alot like my garage at the moment.

IIf you need stickers for you helmet I have some here for the shadow scout helmet, for 15$ mailed. Its a complete set for the helmet. I do not have gray pin stripping for the tank, its hard to find.

Do you have scout stickers in a flat black instead of gray? I may even be interested then.

-iz

OOoo look at all the shiny black plasticky goodness. Do the Shadow Scout bucket take gray stickers? I thought everything was supposed to be black, including the pin stripping on the tank and rank stripes.