Wraith's Shadow Scout build

Wraith

Thanks for all the feedback and advice guys. I don't really have any progress to report as all my spare time is going to finishing my custom mando for a fan film that's being shot next weekend... as soon as that's done though I will be getting to work on this ASAP :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! A sure sign of armoring going on! Looks alot like my garage at the moment.

Do you have scout stickers in a flat black instead of gray? I may even be interested then.

-iz

No, i don't sorry Izzi they are just gray. But a good gray, I can scan them and up load a picture for you a long with a picture of my bucket so you can see.

The LMO does approve them with gray, BUT the references we have only show black or maybe a REALLY dark gray..

-iz

I went with the gray because you can't tell if there are stickers there or not with the black and I like the gray better. I also did custom job on my helmet as you can see with the flashing on it. I don't care if it's not canon, they were never in the movies any way so does not matter. Plus mine is approved already any way. EU means go for what ever you like to do in my book. If it's not in the movie do what ever you feel looks good to you then.

Just my 2cents nothing more.

I won't get into a canon vs custom debate in a build thread. However my job as XO is to support the EU canon and research further ways to accurately replicate the armor to match known references.

My job as Alpine's armorer this year is also to advise people on how to accurately replicate the armor so it'll pass the GML/LMO approval process.

Unfortunately, I have to stick my personal opinions on a shelf for this, but it does mean that I've had motivation to search harder to find the references I need to get the things I do like approved! :teehee: (Just need to find EU flash references now! I'm sure they'll be coming any day!)

-iz

I won't get into a canon vs custom debate in a build thread. However my job as XO is to support the EU canon and research further ways to accurately replicate the armor to match known references.

My job as Alpine's armorer this year is also to advise people on how to accurately replicate the armor so it'll pass the GML/LMO approval process.

Unfortunately, I have to stick my personal opinions on a shelf for this, but it does mean that I've had motivation to search harder to find the references I need to get the things I do like approved! :teehee: (Just need to find EU flash references now! I'm sure they'll be coming any day!)

-iz

I hear you dude, my girlfriend and I were the GML/GWL for our Garrison and had to do the same thing. I know the feeling. I hope you can find some shadow scouts with flashing soon, it would be cool to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorta hit a wall with the armour as I think it needs to be trimmed but not quite sure how much to trim off. Once I am not so busy I'll probably get with some of AG's scouts and maybe our GHA and see what they all think :)

Also I wanted to ask you guys, did you rig the strapping with velcro or did you use snaps and which would you recommend?

For my reg Scout, I just used velcro. I'm assuming you're talking about the straps for the shoulder tabs? Placed the fuzzy pieces under each tab, and then used a piece of hook velcro to hold the 2 together. I've heard of people using snaps right there, and honestly it would be a good place to use them on a scout. Either way, up to you as you'll end up wrapping the joint to cover the gap anyways. As for trimming, all I can see you really needing to trim is the shoulder bells (basing this off the fact that most women who are scouts end up trimming the bells) and that's all I ever hear them they need to trim. Well, other then the end pieces of the belt. Post up some pics. Makes me want to hurry up and order my stuff to do mine.

Also I wanted to ask you guys, did you rig the strapping with velcro or did you use snaps and which would you recommend?

When I did my scout, I used snaps for the shoulder connection. My kit came with 4 snaps and some plastic squares pre-drilled. Just knock the snaps together and then glue the squares to the inside of the shoulder straps. The connecting bit is just a piece of nylon webbing. I sewed my joint covers to the webbing just so it doesn't slide around. So far, so good.

I did the velcro thing as well on both my scouts, did the wrap over the shoulders to hide the seems. I used some sticky velcro on the front of the chest inside and sewed some on the to my vest to hold it in place so I don't have the slide up affect and choke me while trooping. Also did this on my belt as well, it never moves on me.

• 3 months later...

I MADE PROGRESS!!!!!!

I went to hang out in izzi's fortress of solitude (AKA the Garage) tonight and finally made some armour progress

We put my belt together, attached the hump to the backplate, then shaped the armour with a heat gun so it'll fit me better.. I still need to add a little paint to the bucket, sew my strapping and make my boots. But I am getting there :D

Well you don't get your own army by being Mr. Nambsy Pambsy! :verymad:

-iz

Hahaha yeah... but we all know underneath it all you are just a great big teddy bear.. :P lol (Wraith... keeping izzi's ego in check since 2009)

Hahaha yeah... but we all know underneath it all you are just a great big teddy bear.. :P lol (Wraith... keeping izzi's ego in check since 2009)

I look at that everyday....."Izzi, can I do this?" - that look........"Izzi, can I do that? - that look........"Izzi, can I get you coffee?"......he purrs?..........

I look at that everyday....."Izzi, can I do this?" - that look........"Izzi, can I do that? - that look........"Izzi, can I get you coffee?"......he purrs?..........

BH, Get back to work!

-iz

...And where's my coffee?! :teehee:

• 1 month later...

Okay so I have been slowly working on this, no pics cuz I managed to delete them accidentally.. (Yes I am an idiot)

I have a few kinks I still need to work out but have a friend from my garrison who has a biker scout coming over on thurs to help put everything together and hopefully I'll be able to get some approval pics on sat at our Garrison photo day.. so fingers crossed.