Tx Shepperton Shadow Build NZ

Goo gone is amazing .Cleaned it up a treat , Got a chance to suit up with the alteration's , added in a strap from back plate to kidney and chest to abdominal ,Seems to have solved the riding up chest plate problem ,

also Thanks Guy's your dark wisdom and inspiration has been so helpful with this build .

Next mission ,install fan's and com's to my bucket ,

i cant believe how addicted to my suit i am , The Precious.....

(My wife says what are you going to do to it next install a butt warmer ).

20140828_174419_zpsfd41a483.jpg

20140828_174610_zpsaa411b1b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just awaiting canvas belt and side plate split pin's , Just found out my boots are imitation leather and are actually rubber , Has anyone tried painting tkboots black ?

Ive fixed the chest plate from riding above ab plate ,

Id have to say trooperbay is awesome.

20140829_173954_zps1543c1f5.jpg

I have painted TK Boots gray for my Skytrooper. Don't use normal spray paint as it will crack with your movement and flake off. I recommend using Meltoinan Nu-Life leather dye. It comes in a spray can. Then all you have to do is scrub the boots with rubbing alcohol to remove any sheen and spray. It holds-up too.

I have painted TK Boots gray for my Skytrooper. Don't use normal spray paint as it will crack with your movement and flake off. I recommend using Meltoinan Nu-Life leather dye. It comes in a spray can. Then all you have to do is scrub the boots with rubbing alcohol to remove any sheen and spray. It holds-up too.

Thanks Toddo ,

Fitted my canvas belt and side plate split pin's , So after a about 10 mins of movement by belt slips down ,e11 hangs back at 45 angle and sideplate rides up out of alignment , Do you guys velcro your belt to back kidney plate to fix this ?

back_zps5189bbdc.jpg

side1cu_zps8882735e.jpg

Most of my rigs don't have that problem, but I have one that does. Your armor is so shiny that it also quite slick I imagine. Adding some velcro will keep everything in place.

i have some velcro on the front where the belt should sit. it helps with alignment too, especially when your helper that is doing up your belt has no idea what you are doing/wearing (yeah.. trooping solo is difficult sometimes)

see you at auckygeddon in a months time !!

I e-6000'd a snap plate center front of my armor and the back of my belt front has the other half the snap. This makes sure it always stays centered and at the right height (at least in the front).

Cheer's .

Snaps and velcro and im sorted .

Just send my application pics off today ,Fingers Crossed.

Fronttxh_zps483f74f0.jpg

BKTX_zps1f6f2a51.jpg

i have some velcro on the front where the belt should sit. it helps with alignment too, especially when your helper that is doing up your belt has no idea what you are doing/wearing (yeah.. trooping solo is difficult sometimes)

see you at auckygeddon in a months time !!

Cheer's Craig,

Spent today velco'ing and adding snaps,

Yes indeed looking forward to armageddon ,We should catch up sometime before it maybe ,Id love some trooping advice and im newbie as.

Any questions , hit me up on the O42 forums. Im not in auckland so wont be able to chat in person till trooping time. But many of our newbies start at geddons. I did back in 2009. Plenty of intertrooper support and advise there.. and fun !

Send a pm to matt G. (Drmaul?) ,Our club XO, if you cant see upcomming troops. I think you are ready for the starwars reads library troops that are very soon

Any questions , hit me up on the O42 forums. Im not in auckland so wont be able to chat in person till trooping time. But many of our newbies start at geddons. I did back in 2009. Plenty of intertrooper support and advise there.. and fun !

Send a pm to matt G. (Drmaul?) ,Our club XO, if you cant see upcomming troops. I think you are ready for the starwars reads library troops that are very soon

Cheer's Craig i will do,

Keen as mustard to do some Trooping and fundraising .

Couldnt find DrMaul on O42 tho ,

Cheer's Craig i will do,

Keen as mustard to do some Trooping and fundraising .

Couldnt find DrMaul on O42 tho ,

i checked.. he posts as MattG drmaul is is name elsewhere (swnz forums).. my bad

anyhoo he is our XO, or ask phill our commander, though you might have to wait till he gets back from chile.

edit:

i've sent matt a pm on O42, so he might contact you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Silver lenses have arrived , My friend Andre has helped me with twin cooling fan's i need to install , I comm communicator battery need's replacing or its not compatable with the trooperbay voice box ,Has anyone else had this happen (will the Icomm only work with an Aker box or does it not matter ?) ,Ive ordered another battery and wireless headset from Icomm to hopefully isolate the problem ,

2014-10-09144658_zpsd5c77de4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

3colourtroopers_zps3898b0f1.jpg

freddys shot of 3 troopers :)

you did really well at the troop. it was a pleasure to be there with you and all our new bretheren. (I think that was our biggest troop as far as numbers of troopers over the weekend and the crowd easily had to be more than the 50,000 we dealt with last year!)

3colourtroopers_zps3898b0f1.jpg

freddys shot of 3 troopers :)

you did really well at the troop. it was a pleasure to be there with you and all our new bretheren. (I think that was our biggest troop as far as numbers of troopers over the weekend and the crowd easily had to be more than the 50,000 we dealt with last year!)

Now that's an awesome shot!