New helmet

Looking good! I'd love to update the CRL photo when you are finished.

Yes, new and old comparisons. Also, I'd like to have a team help me update the CRL at some point soon, maybe get started after CVII. I hope to see some others in the new armor at CVII and gets some photos together.

TD

• 2 weeks later...

I painted the tube stripes (Blue Angel Blue), painted the heads of the screws (Meltonian 621 Bright Red), and attached the vocoders on the new helmet. I also removed the sticker tube stripes on my old helmet and painted (Blue Angel Blue) new tube stripes on it because the old ones were backward (and no one ever commented).

I didn't add black stripes to the cheeks or the back grey panels yet. I will also, at some point, add a fan and some padding to adjust how the new helmet fits.

post-388-0-40740300-1428174114_thumb.jpg

post-388-0-14926400-1428174129_thumb.jpg

post-388-0-38297400-1428174153_thumb.jpg

Helmet looks good just a question about the tube stripes. From the CRL it says black and has no mention of any other color so you might have to change your tube stripes.

Dang...and I was one of the crew that put that CRL together.

I got sidetracked looking at stuff for my white armor. I can redo in black easily enough. *smacks forehead*

• Like 1

It's not an armor build without a smack forehead moment, huh? Anyway, the comparison photos are great. That new helmet is going to make your entire kit look all that much more amazing.

• Like 1

No worries its all good in fact I think I may want to do some updating to the CRL and maybe replace that FX helmet with a non FX helmet and maybe new pics. Yeah so would you be ok with taking some new pics for the CRL so we can do a update?

I also noticed the belt needs to be canvas and not the abs plastic.

Mea culpa...tube stripes redone with the right color, Black.

I repainted the frown of the old helmet with new grey paint. The old grey was too shiny.

Also, I put black mesh behind the frown of the new helmet.

post-388-0-93972100-1428246539_thumb.jpg

post-388-0-75356800-1428246556_thumb.jpg

post-388-0-34309500-1428246571_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I will help rewrite the CRL again and take more photos of the new helmet. We need to keep the existing components of the CRL because the original Red armor will continue to be a valid, recognized, and accepted costume. There will probably be discussion about belts, but I think we should allow either plastic or canvas with recommendation of canvas. I plan to use canvas with my new armor when I complete the build. I don't think we need to be as restrictive as FISD regarding belts and we don't want to make people change things already created and approved. I'm open to discussion and polling the group for majority input.

But, lets save all that for a CRL editing Topic to be started after CVII.

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement! Spec Ops Rocks!

• 4 weeks later...

I will help rewrite the CRL again and take more photos of the new helmet. We need to keep the existing components of the CRL because the original Red armor will continue to be a valid, recognized, and accepted costume. There will probably be discussion about belts, but I think we should allow either plastic or canvas with recommendation of canvas. I plan to use canvas with my new armor when I complete the build. I don't think we need to be as restrictive as FISD regarding belts and we don't want to make people change things already created and approved. I'm open to discussion and polling the group for majority input.

But, lets save all that for a CRL editing Topic to be started after CVII.

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement! Spec Ops Rocks!

I agree with you completely I don't think we should be as restrictive as the FISD. I definitely want to work to keep the current CRL up to par and add the new helmet and pictures.

I saw some of your celebration pictures and you are looking good. :)

Hope to hear from you soon so we can get started.

Thanks for being awesome and rocking that magmatrooper.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully, we can assemble a team to revise the CRL now. It shouldn't be difficult, but we should add photos of the new armor to cover that version and be sure things like the canvas belt option are included for classic or the new armor. Maybe we can call the new armor the 2013 version (that's about when it was first shipped, I think).

I should have time to do some of the photography (2013 version helmet) and make a first draft of the verbal parts in July.

Other ideas? Volunteers for help with editing and reviewing drafts? Photos of new armor parts?

We'll need a new thread for CRL discussion at the appropriate place in our forum.

Thanks and Go Spec Ops!