Kedg195's Shadow build

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep everyone updated on my Shadow build, I am about to complete my tour of duty at Star Wars Weekends in Orlando this upcoming weekend...then this build will be in full swing again ;) I will update this post as often and regularly as I can following this weekend... thanks for your patience, and the build will commence very soon :):dancing-trooper::ShadowStorm:

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on my progress with my Shadowtrooper suit...I will continue the build this weekend at a local armor party...I should be able to complete the suit here, and take submission pics for approval hopefully by the end of the day...I' will update when pics are taken and I have something else to post on here ;) Standby for further progress... :ShadowStorm: :ShadowStorm: :ShadowStorm::dancing-trooper: :dancing-trooper: :dancing-trooper:

OK, just an update on the status of my Shadowtrooper build...we are working out some squawks with the leg armor and are now needing plastic sign material for the cover strips for the hind shin armor... I have found it at local signage and decal shops before but is there anywhere else I could find it? Some of the places I went to before have long gone out of business... also we acquired a utility belt for my drop boxes and hangers for the thigh armor too ;) Gonna hopefully get started on the squawks and harnessing either tonight or tomorrow...also I acquired a thermal detonator that was no longer needed for a friend's TD, and all I've got to do is paint it jet black and get the appropriate hangers for it ...we also assembled my ammo belt to the black canvas belt I purchased recently...it's good to go and should work out nicely when the final fitting is done... I will update more as the project progresses :) Here's the utility belt for the dropboxes and thigh hangers20150627_134131.jpg"]http://20150627_134131.jpg[/url]

Ok...one more update before I get down and shiny (not dirty lol) I have got all my clamshell pieces (thighs, shins, biceps, and forearms) all put together...as it stands I have all soft parts and just need to make some tweaks...hopefully tonight after supper I will be able to take some progress pics of the full suit ...minus a detonator...I still have to paint it and get proper hangers for it (any suggestions where to get those?) Also I need to add another black cover strip to the back of my left shin armor and add Velcro strips...coming along quite well since I have my holster and trooping E-11 from my TIE pilot suit...shouldn't be too much longer now ;) I'll keep ya updated... :ShadowStorm::dancing-trooper:

Great progress. As for the det clips, you can make your own quite easily from some aluminum from the hardware store if you have some tin snips. You can then bend to shape. Otherwise, Evilboy sells them: http://forum.specops501st.com/index.php?/topic/2177-fs-evilboys-screen-accurate-td-belt-clips/page__hl__%2Bdetonator+%2Bclips__fromsearch__1

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome progress loving all the pics keep up the good work. :)

Oh also once you get those clips done and attached to your thermal detonator a little hint put a strip of black velcro on the clips to keep it from scratching up your armor when you put it on your belt.

here is an example.

0709151000_zpsyo4bk3ql.jpg

Awesome progress loving all the pics keep up the good work. :) Oh also once you get those clips done and attached to your thermal detonator a little hint put a strip of black velcro on the clips to keep it from scratching up your armor when you put it on your belt. here is an example. 0709151000_zpsyo4bk3ql.jpg
Good tip bro, and thanks for the kudos...it's a challenging project...I'm currently getting another project ready for an upcoming con, however this build shall resume shortly so stay tuned ;)
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hello fellow Specops troopers...I have been unable to update this post until now so here goes...the Shadowtrooper is still expected to be completed soon however, I feel it is in my best interest to continue the build after DragonCon 2015...and I will definitely be updating everyone on my progress as this build progresses ....sorry for the delay and MTFBWY! ;)

• 9 months later...

Greeting fellow SpecOps troopers...well what can I say, it's been almost a year since I posted on this thread and I am still not finished with my Shadowtrooper. I have had lots of ups and downs in my life, so that's why I haven't made this project come to fruition yet. I will update as info becomes available to me...and progress will be posted. Thanks for looking guys and gals ;)

THIS PROJECT IS OFFICIALLY UNDERWAY AGAIN!! ;)

post-1577-0-16905300-1427990867_thumb.jpg