TX-41977 is going red!

Hey look at that!!! Seems I cannot stop building.

So about 8 months ago I was put on the wait list for ATA's magma. I think its getting close to that time!

Anywho, I am not the "ideal" size for an ATA kit. I hardly fit my MC one. So I think it will need some trimming.

When I first ordered, my plan was to only build the helmet and stash the armor away, but after some chats with people, I decided I might as well add this to my completed collection!

Hope to get this going soon!

• Like 1

It's always great to see more Magmas. ATA and T/MC should really be about the same size.

photo9_zpsa9ba490f.jpg

Here is my MC. This was before I started to re-build the legs, but as seen here, the knee area is way to big and they were a bit tall.

All fixed now, but no pictures at the moment. The legs where used in my sandtrooper build and I wont have that out until May 10th or so

The other thing about Cal's kits are that he doens't have enough plastic on the sides of his abdomen molds. ATA and all of the others have enough that you can trim to fit whereas Cal's kits are meant for Anthony Daniels it seems :)

The other thing about Cal's kits are that he doens't have enough plastic on the sides of his abdomen molds. ATA and all of the others have enough that you can trim to fit whereas Cal's kits are meant for Anthony Daniels it seems :)

Funny you mention that!

photo22_zps54b69e31.jpg

Anthony Daniels and I are the same size all around, so I can see that :thumbsup:

Looking at this picture makes me want to go eat something to gain some weight haha

• Like 2

I don't think ATA advertises it, but I think he may have it in stock.

• 2 months later...
Guest Devildoc

So as I'm wading the posts I am seeing words like ATA, MC, and so on. Could someone enlighten me because I'm a boot (military term for a new person) and I'm just know learning what and where everything is. And oh yeah, I'm definitely a Magma in the making. There are so few of us because there are so few that are worthy. 😀

So as I'm wading the posts I am seeing words like ATA, MC, and so on. Could someone enlighten me because I'm a boot (military term for a new person) and I'm just know learning what and where everything is. And oh yeah, I'm definitely a Magma in the making. There are so few of us because there are so few that are worthy. 😀

Those are differe armor makers. ATA= Affordable Trooper Armor. MC I believe is MonCal.

Check out this from FISD it will give you a good idea.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/11538-The-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them

• 1 month later...

So, I have come to the point of giving up on this project, well for now. I have not heard back from ATA in about 10 months.... I dont know if he is just busy, but it seems at this time this project is on hold permanently. However this will give me some time and focus to finish that dang swamp scout!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Monday looks like the day it will be shipped. I have to say that I am really excited to build another Stormtrooper type costume!

I was able to snag a bunch of ears from someone off of whitearmor who builds helmets for people. He had 2 sets of ATA red ears. I am hoping I dont need to use them all, but if I do I have them. If not, when I am done the build, I may pass them along to others.

I am stuck with making the decision on how to assemble the armor. I think at this time, I am leaning toward a clam shell method like my TD, but using hidden snaps and not using split rivets. I think this will provide the wear-ability that I am used to but give the more clean look on the outside.

I also want to have the ability to use both black and red drop boxes. I may use a snap on them as well.