Fivezero's Nova

Fivezero

So I've set down my Darktrooper project for the last couple weeks to work on my Novatrooper (I had it posted on the old boards). Here's what it used to look like:

Nova1.jpg

And here's what it is now (I took this picture at work on Halloween):

AwesomeNovatrooperPic.jpg

So improvements I've made are:

Dyed the pouches black and stuffed some cardboard in there to give it life

Got the courage to paint the horizontal gold stripes on the helmet (don't know why I was so scared in the first place)

Messed with the knee plate a little so it wasn't underneath my thigh armor (still adjusting the thigh armor a little bit too)

Fixed the gap between my ab plate and chest plate

Although you can't really see it, I've adjusted the butt plate so it isn't hanging low like it used to

I'm going to try and get some more pictures of the armor this week as well.

So there ya go, enjoy :D

Fivezero

Yep, everything's done on this thing except for my DLT-19 (which is about half done) and other little adjustments to the armor. Here's a pic of the pack.

100_4158-1.jpg

Oh and this picture also shows those white spots on the shins, which are taken care of too. :)

Fivezero

Alright so here's my new pics:

100_4759-1.jpg

100_4754-1.jpg

100_4756-1.jpg

100_4757-1.jpg

I got the ab button details on there now. It also looks like I need to pay just a wee bit more attention when putting my pouches and arm armor on to make sure everything is aligned properly.

Fivezero :D

Definitely a better fit! :duim: Put the hip pouch on the left as well and it might sit a bit better. And expect to be playing around with and adjusting your armor for the duration of it's life span. When ever you think you're done, you'll find something new!

-iz

• 3 weeks later...

Lookin real good dude. Quick question. Did you stain the green ammo pouches black? I bought some greenies too on accident. Misread the description :confused: . I ended up buying a second set for about fifteen bucks more that were full leather but I would like to get the greenies in good working order as well. Any advice?

I used some flat black paint (Rustoleum) I had and painted over the pouches. They soaked up the paint really well. Only suggestion would be to fill them with cardboard or something so when/if you paint them the pouches get thoroughly covered with paint. I hadn't done that and when I decided to bulk them up all the small green spots appeared between each pouch.

Fivezero

:D

• 3 weeks later...

So I've set down my Darktrooper project for the last couple weeks to work on my Novatrooper (I had it posted on the old boards). Here's what it used to look like:

Nova1.jpg

What is that sexy looking rifle?!?! Pics of that please. And description :wub: ?

No I haven't submitted it yet. I still have to wait until I turn 18 in 2 months. :(

Also that rifle is an MG-42 with a scope added on to it to kinda make it look like an E11s sniper rifle (that and I didn't have any other blasters at the time I took that photo). Here's some pics of it.

DSCF0002-1.jpg

DSCF0003-1.jpg

Fivezero

Ahh, thanks guys. I have some plans in the future too (once I get the Darktrooper finished and approved). :devil:

Anyway Rotccole, technically no I can't carry the MG-42, Dengar had one though (without a scope). I just had it sitting around when I took my initial pictures. But I have a DLT-19 I'm working on too.

Fivezero