ANOVOS Imperial Shadow Stormtrooper...soon!

Yeah, that I understand. But, the cut lines would only have limited flexibility in size range. There is large disparity between someone who would wear a chest 52 compared to, say, a 38. I would have thought them to have different vacuum molds for the four various sizes offered, then you trim it accordingly within that range.

I guess I'm fortunate that I was at the XL size, so it should look ok then.

That's interesting if you're saying that each ABS armor piece is the same size. How can any armor fit properly, then, unless you have the perfect intended body shape/size? Wouldn't a person ordering small look silly, like a child wearing an adult costume...or a 2XL chap wearing something from their youthful and fit high school years?

I can't speak for ANOVOS because they have yet to actually produce anything so no one knows what the base kit size will be, but pretty much all armor is considered one size fits most and you have to adjust it to your body. The cut lines would be for the average size person, then if you are smaller you have to take a little more off (making your own cut lines or carefully cutting bit by bit until you reach your mark) and if you are bigger then you might have to actually add plastic shims to extend stuff.

For normal TKs some kits are geared towards specific body types. I think it's RS and/or ATA (forgive me if I'm wrong) that are based off of screen used sizes - meaning the actors that played the Stormtroopers in the '70s, so if you are bigger then like 5'10" and 160lbs you will probably need to add shims to fit. And visa versa the AM kits are geared towards larger fellas, which is great if you are 6' and 225 lbs then you can fit in pretty easy. Of course for an AM kit if you are only 5' and 100 lbs you would be better off with a different kit.

Hope that sheds a little light on sizing, I know it's a little weird or confusing when you are first starting out. Most established armor makers have information on specific sizes and min / max if applicable, but it's great to ask questions if you don't know :)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If this helps anybody I am building the classic TK from Anovos and am 6'2" and 195 lbs with a 33" waist and the shadow will be exactly the same. So far everything is sized fine except for 2 items. First off I have been trimming everything beyond the factory lines just to make sure I have enough material, easier to trim more than not have enough. The only issue so far is the kidney to AB plate connection. I have about 1/2" bap on each side to be comfortable which is fine for basic and EI approval but not for Centurion. I can close it but it isn't comfortable so I might have to shim it or lose a few pounds. The only other issue is the undergarments. I ordered them in XL and for street cloths I always wear 32 waist 34 length jeans and large shirts. The Anovos suit the XL pants are fine but the shirt is a joke. It is XL but is skin tight and is so short it only comes to my belly button and lower back. To me it fits like a men's Medium.

• 3 weeks later...