ACJay's Nova APPROVED 2011/01/25

ACJay

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my hand plates I have a strip of elastic glued to the bottom part so it wraps around my wrist and I have a black hair tie ring cut down and glued to the top so it wraps around my middle finger. I have total movement of my hand, I can shake hands with people and not have to worry about them falling off.

Awesome, worked like a charm this weekend :thumbsup:

For the ammo pouches you can use zip ties, just drill the back of the pouch and zip tie through and around your belts.

Thanks much Scootch. Gotta take care of that this week :yes:

Here's my complete suit sans Neck Seal :yucky: Bleh... Still waiting on the seal, I'm up to 9 weeks now. Proabably order a $20 jobie on ebay for the time being since I'm gonna make another suit for the wife :turned: Let me know what you think. I would like to submit for approval as soon as the neckseal is here.

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

Looks like it's ready for approval review.

-iz

Thanks Iz. think I could squeeze by without the seal if I've got one coming? If so could you PM me with how to get through the process?

No, you have to be wearing the neck seal during the approval pics. You might want to think about making a temp one if you or some one you know can sew. They're pretty easy.

Just send those photos and a bucket off pic to your local GML and they'll make sure the pics get in the right places.

If you don't know your local garrison you can look them up here: http://www.501st.com/members/displayUnits.php

And be sure to fill out an application here so the GML can approve you as soon as he's given the okay: http://www.501st.com/members/join_how.php

-iz

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hmm.. too much. Oh by the way my neckseal just arrived and I am taking some pics for approval. I won't post any new pics till I'm approved. Just imagine the last three pics with no brown neck showing and you'll have a good idea :D

If I must :D

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

:fakenopic:

Here's everything I sent to my GML except for one bitmap I made in paint showing me mirroring the card pic Nova with the captions "Seperated at Birth?" Can't figure out how to get it posted :huh:

Ah well, the last picture shows my rudolph action going on. I gotta adjust my temporary helmet padding so I'm not smashed up against the faceplate ^_^ So many nitpicky details. Armor really never is finished only an eternal WIP ;)

Again, :thanks: everyone for all your support and IzzI for the pioneering of an armor that's taking SpecOps by storm. Here's to many many more Nova's in 2011 :pint1:

Wish me Luck :sweat:

Edit: Face shot removed for occupational reasons :ninja:

So... Update?

Well everyone's probably noticed I haven't been on the forums that much recently. I have been researching my next project (Fem-Mando) non-stop. It helps pass the time while I wait to find out if I am the newest approved Nova. But as of this post no word yet.