FO Elite Stormtrooper

Ok. It looks like Biggs was abducted by a wallaby and is probably sequestered in her pouch as we speak without internet access.

I just green light this CRL to get folks approved but the images need a lot of work. If this were the TFA Tie or another insanely popular costume I'm not sure I would do so. But for the handful waiting to get approved, it is more important that they get trooping officially than the images be right.

Many of the images are just too small. You aren't able to open up a larger version to see detail. Others need new images all together.

Other than image size/resolution issues across the board here is my list:

• Main image - back view is too dark. I also changed the credits to use Dan's TKID for the model.
  • Back/yoke or Chest - Needs at least top down view too. It doesn't matter which entry it goes in. If possible a view of the yoke alone but not a big deal.
  • Thermal detonator - This should show the whole thermal detonator assembly not just the tube,. See TFA TK for reference.
  • Elbow gasket - This image is so small I can't make out much detail at all. It sorta looks like a knee gasket.
  • Posterior armor - This used to say "back armor" and I changed it. If Dan can separate his butt plate from the ab section a photo of just the butt would be much preferable.
  • Shins - more views of the shin including the holster detail is needed
  • Boots - as soon as someone uses the better boots, instead of TX boots, a photo would be awesome.
  • Blaster - I'm not holding this CRL up because of weapons, but obviously as soon as someone has weapons please take photos.

Congrats everyone... and Dan especially.

-Eric

Long road, but this is a killer costume add. We'll continue to work on the CRL. Dan, take a look at the weapons section of the updated CRL on the 501st site. We made a change to the color combination to be more fitting for this costume. It eliminates the white. I wanted to make sure you saw that.

I'll get these threads moved into a proper section here on the boards now that the costume is approvable.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Dan, what did you use for Paint or recommend on the body Armor? if i go Elite with my FOTK, looking for a paint that will hold up and not chip showing the white ABS under.

THanks

Hi Dan, what did you use for Paint or recommend on the body Armor? if i go Elite with my FOTK, looking for a paint that will hold up and not chip showing the white ABS under.

THanks

My armor was molded in the black ABS, I spray painted over it with the black auto paint. It still chips and scrapes up, maily in the thigh area, but with it molded in black you really cant tell. Not sure how the white would hold up.

• 3 weeks later...