Phoenix Props - Death Trooper Helmet

These are the Tamiya model parts. If they reused them for the Deathtrooper the grill patterns at the ports would indicate they are skewed. There are extra grill lines on the straight ports. They might have made a completely new greeblie based off the old one, or the may have even flattened out the port tops on the new one. Honestly though, I'd just go with what ya got. If nothing else, now you know. :)Tamiya%20Engine%20Greeblie_zpspwlwt3rb.jpg Here are the instructions for the kit. I flipped the image to make it relative. "A" and "B' are the skewed ports. It also kind of shows the angle in which they are cut. Tamiya%20Scout%20Greeblie%20Plans%20Altered_zpszxtvscvf.jpg Here's a few zoomed pictures from the Celebration models. Death%20trooper%20greeblie_zpsyozqflcg.jpgTamiya%20Scout%20Greeblie%202%20Deathtrooper_zpsnk4jypwi.jpg This is the same greeblie on the Shoretrooper. Shoretrooper%20Greeblie_zps1dbdeuhn.jpg And lastly the greeblie from my Scout helmet. Scout%20Snout%20Detail_zpsvbxwhrls.jpg

Ohhhh, very nice close ups on the mouth of the DT! I wasn't able to zoom in this close! IF you have some more detail of high res shots, I'd love to get in touch with them... PM me and I'll give you my email.

I actually cropped those from the Hi-res pics Chris (themaninthesuitcase) provided in the photo thread. Credit goes to him for all the goodness he provided us. :) Marktoots and I have been dissecting them to death lately.

Here's the link to the album Derrek.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/themaninthesuitcase/sets/72157668304947273/with/27755479434/

• Like 1

Any more spots open on the initial run, Do let me know, thanks.

and Hello everyone, this is my first Posting!

Hi David! My first post was to debut this model :)

I haven't opened the initial run yet,,just mentioned it. I want the model finished and on the way to printing before I start tying up anyone's funds. So stay tuned and subscribe here to get the update.

• Like 1

Looking awesome Dday! Keep up the awesome work and good to have you with us at Spec Ops!

Hi Jim, lots of folks over here :D

So here is the latest on the mouth part.

13633266_888996747889034_457723325_o_zpsegijig3t.jpg

Now, this part is on like donkeykong!

• Like 1

For anyone who wants in, I've decided to open the list for early adopters. Send me a PM if you'd like to be in the first 5 folks who get this helmet. Right now it's just a name, but in about a week I will be asking for the payment.

By being an early buyer, you need to pay in full now, and will have to wait several months while I get this printed, smoothed, and molded. However in exchange you will be saving 35 Euros off the price of the helmet.

Pm me if you're interested. there are limited spaces available, as I will only take 5 people in this.

Don't forget. The thing on the left side of the helmet should be detachable. I have seen pics of troopers without them. ;)
Good point Scubacat!

If you look at some of the renders from page 1, you can see all the parts that will be separate int he kit.

But yes, the targeting part will be it's own part that is keyed to fit on the helmet in an exact position. It will be very easy to add magnets to this inside the helmet and on the targeting sight to be able to pop it on and off. The part will be rotocast so it's hollow and will be easy enough to make it light up with the LED and battery all internal, so no wiring into the helmet.

• Like 3

It's going to turn out amazing, I have no doubt Derrek. You have a superb attention to detail and all of your work is amazing. I've also hooked you up with 501st access here at Spec Ops. Very cool to have you on board with us! Keep up the amazing work on this helmet. :thumbsup:

The helmet will be resin cast.

I will use fiberglass fibers as well to increase the flexibility and strength.

I have some photos of the first printed parts, I'll be posting them a bit later

• Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...