Phoenix Props - Death Trooper Helmet

Got some small updates for you all who haven't seen on Facebook.

14339847_10210859498632174_1106142362_o_zpsccejbyh8.jpg

14359798_10210859498472170_725160172_o_zpsdmp1ehjm.jpg

14374714_10210859498592173_1301752102_o_zpsxdqqtmrp.jpg

The parts are all printed and clean up has been going for a bit. This thing will be really nice going into molding and castings are going to need some assembly like gluing in lenses, organizing a magnet attachment for the scope, an gluing down the tubes and mouth pieces.

Being separate parts will make painting and weathering much easier when you're in the build phase.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

silicone is on, letting it cure tonight. Putting a shell on it tomorrow and silicone over the accesssories, crossing my fingers for first castings this weekend.

I promised the first 5 folks on my pre order list a cheaper price in exchange for paying up front.

In the end I decided against taking some money up front because I had my master produced in a different way and in trade for some services. This means I didn't have a lot of upfront expenses so I didn't need the start up cash.

I will still honor the lower pricing for those first 5 folks though. Bonus!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Mold failed... but that was so long ago. Had a problem with layers of the silicone bonding for some reason...

Tossed the silicone saved the shell.

Just recently got the master back in silicone. I took the helmet and screwd it down on a board, positioned the shell in the right spot (saves some silicone scraps from the dead mold for spacing), then poured the silicone in directly instead of painting it on.

New mold is a win.

First casting is out and looks perfect, second casting is sitting in the mold now.

I'll be getting helmets out to the folks on the early list this week and the next.

The first helmet will go to my Painter (Sanotized Creations) to give you an idea of the finish that will be offered if you chose.

Send me a PM if you want one. :D I'll be setting up a proper sales thread once the early orders are taken care of.

• Like 2