Death Trooper - Boots

This thread will detail the boots of the Death Trooper and shall be updated with any new details/information that comes to light during the research and building of this costume.

Base Boot

Thanks to some impressive high res photos of the boots on the SWCE Death Trooper manaquin the base boot has been confirmed as the Dr Martin "Jered" Style Padded Boot.

2016-08-18_06-34-36_zpsochpimvc.jpg

Image thanks to Christopher Pearson.

31025_119_zoom_zpskaa7nkzc.jpg

Sadly they are now out of production but there are a couple of suitable alternatives which have a similar style sole:

• Dr Martin "Mayer" Style Boot - It has the same sole and a similar vertical leather strip running from the heel to the top of the boot but does not have the padding. Again, it is believed that these are now out of production.

Screenshot_2016-07-19-23-03-58_zpsdadjfoxj_edit_1468965948504_zpsaviyof5o.jpeg

• Dr Martin "Talib" Style Boot - It has the same sole but like the "Mayer" some of the features on the upper are different.

dr__martens-TALIB_BOOT-black-1_zpshnu3bid4.jpg

The current CRL requires the "Jered" for level 2 Clearance.

Boot Cover

With the armour covering the padding is that really an issue?

No, but it's also why we agreed that its a 2nd or 3rd level qualifier for accuracy. I would think it could also be accomplished by a peddler stitching that line and bringing the pull tab down to that level with the Mayer or Talibs

• Like 2

As Barry said 😉

The real difficulty will be in getting a boot that has a similar horizontally heelless ribbed sole as this is the destinctive feature of these boots.

The specific type of boot has been put at level 2 but I am wondering whether to relax the entry level requirement for the ribbed sole? The 501st should be going for accuracy where it is possible but I only know of Dr Martin's who produce boots with this sole and I don't think they do any other styles without a heel. That said that does not mean they will not do more in the future! ☺

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Can we treat it similar to the Shore?

Everyone has scooped up the Orca Bays. I've heard of vendors actively trying to reproduce them though, until they do most Shores are editing other styles or awaiting restocking from Orca Bay.

I too agree this would be rather hard but also a very distinctive key feature to reproduce.

Basically those that are interested in Deathtroopers should probably order a similar set very soon due to availability and once Doc Martens makes more Jereds we can all then upgrade to level 2 if needed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As Barry said 😉

The real difficulty will be in getting a boot that has a similar horizontally heelless ribbed sole as this is the destinctive feature of these boots.

The specific type of boot has been put at level 2 but I am wondering whether to relax the entry level requirement for the ribbed sole? The 501st should be going for accuracy where it is possible but I only know of Dr Martin's who produce boots with this sole and I don't think they do any other styles without a heel. That said that does not mean they will not do more in the future! ☺

So you're thinking we should have entry level at a solid black heelless sole? I'd highly disagree with that for now since Dr. Martens are still being made this way. I'd have the Mayer and Talib at entry, and the Jered as next level. I really don't think that's asking too much.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Folks,

I found a shop in Australia which has got some Dr. Martens Jered boots on stock. But to big for my wifes feet.

But maybe anybody of you can get a pair of those shoes. They have UK 7 up to UK11

http://www.scottsbro...nio-p-3693.html

Cheers

Chris

I'd order at your own risk from them. That website is set up like some of the Chinese knock off sites people have been burned by. The key seems to be there's no way to actually contact the company as is the case with this one.

I'm not sure if anyone has done it yet (so many groups and threads to follow for this build), but I've sent an email to Dr. Marten's regarding the future availability of the Jered boot. I'll post the reply if/when I receive one.

It was on my list of things to do but not near the top so thanks for allowing me to cross it off ;)

It was on my list of things to do but not near the top so thanks for allowing me to cross it off ;)

Mark -

Looks like the Jered's are a no go:

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately the Jered boot is indeed a discontinued style. As far as I know we are not going to be bringing it back. Have you tried a third party site like Zappos? I'm so sorry I don't have better news."

Guess we are going Talib style until a manufacturer makes these custom.

Mark -

Looks like the Jered's are a no go:

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately the Jered boot is indeed a discontinued style. As far as I know we are not going to be bringing it back. Have you tried a third party site like Zappos? I'm so sorry I don't have better news."

Guess we are going Talib style until a manufacturer makes these custom.

That's a shame! If we had weight of numbers we may be able to convince them otherwise but I suspect that we are to few to have any impact >_>

• 2 weeks later...