Death Trooper - Boots

Hi guys !

Here what I just found : http://www.greenrouteenergy.co.uk/purchase-black-mens-dr-martens-jered-boots-srxb087w1fws-p1077 185 units in stock !

Scamadviser gives an High Trust Rating ! : https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/greenrouteenergy.co.uk

Have done a little bit of digging. According to scam adviser the website is owned by a company close to where I live who sell energy saving products NOT shoes. Furthermore, the company went into liquidation in 2015.

PURCHASE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I'm gonna steer well clear.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Have done a little bit of digging. According to scam adviser the website is owned by a company close to where I live who sell energy saving products NOT shoes. Furthermore, the company went into liquidation in 2015.

PURCHASE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I'm gonna steer well clear.

I've made further research. I confirm, stay away from this website. Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

I received my pair of Talib today from here: http://www.onlinesho...ando-p_id407838

They have a 20% off code you can use right now that brought mine under $100 shipped :)

I think the rear stitch is more pronounced than is ideal, but should work great for basic approval. Great find!

• Like 1

I ordered the Jered directly at a Dr.Martins Reseller in Taiwan, got mine in two days.. They Had few big sizes 10-13 left. But they confirmed it was the only ones left in stock.

If someone is looking in that size range I can ask if they still have them.

Imperialboots have started offering the DT boots with the spats, not sure if anyone's checked them out yet, but they look pretty top notch!

I have seen that! As far as I can tell they are recreating the boot from scratch and the flat sole does not have the destinctive horizontal ribbing that is so obvious a feature in the reference photos, and the flat sole and ribs are the only recognisable features!

Personally, I am concerned that this will result in a dumbing down of tge level 1 clearance requirements and I do not believe that at this stage the CRL should move away from these features existing on even basic level clearance requirements. Especially as Dr Martin are still selling boots that meet the requirement.

That said I know the legion is all about costuming being open to everyone and thus level 1 should be relatively easy to achieve but this is a complex costume with many distinguishing features and dumbing it down to much would, in my opinion, detract from this. :(

And I am not even going to comment on how far off base the spat ribbing is!

• Like 1

Agreed.

Since Dr Marten is still selling a very good alternative with a majority of the elements there it seems only logical to stick with that one.

Another concern I had was if the spat is to be attached? Is the spat leather or material similar to the knee/elbow gasket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree Mark. That's one of the most uniform features of the shoe that is visibly seen. If we open it that far, might as well include every sneaker imaginable. Can you imigine how many questions there will be about "Is this shoe approvable?". Will be a board clogging nightmare.

To be fair they have said the boot in the photo is a prototype so hopefully the production item will be closer to the mark. With the necessary features present.

• Like 1

I ordered the Jered directly at a Dr.Martins Reseller in Taiwan, got mine in two days.. They Had few big sizes 10-13 left. But they confirmed it was the only ones left in stock.

If someone is looking in that size range I can ask if they still have them.

Just saw this post. I wear a 13, would you mind following up? Can you post pictures of your boots and do you mind me asking what the cost was?

Do we have any frontal/inside shots?

I connected with a paid of Jered and will need to get the front cover made up.

Here's a frontal shot from Chris' reference photos:

Rogue One Death Trooper Reference CE 2016

• Like 1
Here's a frontal shot from Chris' reference photos: Rogue One Death Trooper Reference CE 2016 Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

This is just me going off half cocked.

Now that I'm getting deeper in I'm consuming more reference photos and found a lot of good shots in the reference photos section of all angles of the boots.

Looks like a fairly simple rubber piece with a seamed edge. Maybe using velcro to attach or something like this.

• Like 1

This is just me going off half cocked.

Now that I'm getting deeper in I'm consuming more reference photos and found a lot of good shots in the reference photos section of all angles of the boots.

Looks like a fairly simple rubber piece with a seamed edge. Maybe using velcro to attach or something like this.

I agree. I think that it is made out of the same sewn 6mm ribbed material that used for the gaskets.

I also think that there is either a velcro strip with loops for the laces to which the spat is attached or the lace loops are sewn directly to the back of the spat.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...