Storm Commando Discussion

TX3637

To be honest Mike I don't think the Legion has ANY 'Storm Commandos' as per their 501st naming.

It's a bit of a misnomer and one of my personal bugbears.

The 'Shadow Scout' IS a Storm Commando. You only need look at General Weir and Crix Madine to know that. The term 'Shadow Scout' is a rebel slang term for them, but the correct Imperial designation is Storm Commando.

When the 501st talk about 'Storm Commandos' they are referring to the differential artwork that shows them with more armour and slightly different helmets than the source material for Weir etc.

No-one as yet (as far as I am aware) has gone for one of these other variants.

The name is just because they needed some differentiation.

Within the 501st, they are a different classification. Within Star-Wars they are the same thing.

I shall demonstrate below.

A well known Storm Commando. (General Weir)

StormCommando4.jpg

A Storm Commando.

StormCommando2.jpg

Some more Storm Commandos

StormCommando3.jpg

The above three go under the guise of "shadow scouts" within the 501st (incorrectly in my opinion).

Now, we have below what they take to be 'storm commandos'.

135px-Sc2.jpg

130px-Storm_Commando2.jpg

130px-StormCommandos.jpg

Same thing, just different artists impressions of. None which are consistent, and I don't think anyone has attempted one of these references yet.

• 9 months later...

i really think i wanna go the route of the Storm commando, just to make it that much different from my regular Scout. Not sure which version to go with though. Once i have my vac table set up...lord willing over the summer, i can vac my own armor, so i can do the different version(s). Just have to see what other reference is out there and what is clearable and work from there i guess.

i really think i wanna go the route of the Storm commando, just to make it that much different from my regular Scout. Not sure which version to go with though. Once i have my vac table set up...lord willing over the summer, i can vac my own armor, so i can do the different version(s). Just have to see what other reference is out there and what is clearable and work from there i guess.

Just keep in mind there is no CRL for this version. You'd basically be the first and if you pursue it - we'd expand the current SS CRL so that troopers can go either way. We're doing that now with the Swamptrooper and Imperial Navy Commando. A trooper can do a "realistic" or a "game/comic" version. That's sort of how this one would work out too. :)

Aye, this would be a fresh submission that would need to go before the LMO's.

We'll be on hand to beat you to death with a 12" rubber dildo at every turn, if you choose to go down that route.

This is a new service reserved for only the hardy who go for new submissions.

As for which version....

Well, your references are limited, that's for certain.

What's mostly consistent is the more heavily armoured nature. With full greaves, forearms, thighs and cod.

Might be worth getting the LMO to poke his nose in here and offer what ever advice/observations/interpretations that they might have, to at least put you on the right track before wasting a shed load of time/money on making bucks, pulling armour etc.

The last thing you want is to go through the above process for them to only say it's not what they're after. At which point you're back at square one, but down countless hours and dollars.

(edited for bad grammar)

Yea once i know i can get started, i will def try and get the LMO involved and i know you guys will be a big help!

Originally i wanted a standard black biker, but i mean, i may as well make it a little different!

You're in good hands. Spec Ops has a formula that works pretty well man. ;)

• 3 months later...

Yea once i know i can get started, i will def try and get the LMO involved and i know you guys will be a big help!

Originally i wanted a standard black biker, but i mean, i may as well make it a little different!

Were you able to start on this costume? Any new developments?

• 9 months later...

Bump ...

Any "new" efforts, like using the Bust & the WEG image?

Are those consistent enough with each other?

(bust showing upper half details & WEG image attempting to be the legs/feet)

I'm not convinced the X Wing images (with the bazooka/missile launcher) aren't intended to be pretty much the Shadow Scouts we already have (allowing for "artistic interpretation") ...