01Hawk Flametrooper build

Figured I would start a build thread even though it will be fairly slow going. I have been reading the other builds - thank you to those that shared ! Haven't done much on mine yet other than starting to clean up the helmet. The details :

Helmet : SGB ( here)

Armor : KB Props ( here)

Boots : Imperial Boots ( ordered )

Gloves : Imperial Boots ( ordered )

Pack : MLC ( ordered 2 weeks ago so should be done?)

Still need to pick a gun and keep trying to make gaskets. I bought some nice looking yaya han pleather stuff at Joanna I want to try for them and the neckseal. Was trying to buy something made in real life that resembled the gaskets including dryer hoses and dust collector hoses but that isn't working out lol.

2B0027B8-1E35-45F3-81D5-88E34DEFEA3C.jpg

• Like 1

Are you using those for gaskets?

I am not. One is a dust collector for wood working etc. The rubber one with the larger gaps is too stiff. The other I think could work but is noisy everytime you move.

I looked at Geeky Pinks Phantastic Gaskets and I think I will just go with them. I bought some nice stretchy pleather I am going to practice with though since I want to get better at making stuff. Also tried putting weatherstripping in between the fabric which looks like it would work.

My Geeky gaskets are almost done and I just ordered the 850 Armor Works gun. Was told my pack was shipped as well and should be here in 2 weeks. Looks like I will have a nice big pile of parts for April.

• Like 1

How tall are you? I've heard that the MLC may be proportioned a little on the small side. Sounds like for my height (5'9") it would have been about right, but I wanted the challenge of building it myself. It shouldn't be too hard to make any mods if that ends up being the case.

You live close to Reading, don't you? I'm in Lancaster county, which means we aren't too far apart. We may have to meet up sometime and help each other out with fitting this jig saw puzzle armor together. It's gonna be cool to be able to have two flamers at troops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How tall are you? I've heard that the MLC may be proportioned a little on the small side. Sounds like for my height (5'9") it would have been about right, but I wanted the challenge of building it myself. It shouldn't be too hard to make any mods if that ends up being the case.

You live close to Reading, don't you? I'm in Lancaster county, which means we aren't too far apart. We may have to meet up sometime and help each other out with fitting this jig saw puzzle armor together. It's gonna be cool to be able to have two flamers at troops.

I am outside reading and have been following your build - it looks great! I am 5 11" so I am going to have to add some to the frame. I'm going to really start focusing on this when I get back from Celebration so getting together would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my gaskets today from Geeky Pinks Phantastic Gaskets and I think they look great. I can't say enough positive things about how the transaction was completed. I was kept informed the entire time and they were done very quickly. Here is a quick picture A6B72A42-7FFE-4E5D-9DBA-DD2C3090FCC5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Back from Celebration and got to take a ton of reference pics for myself. Was a bit pissed when the guy in Launch Bay said it was no longer there. A girl overheard my disappointment and said she thought it just got moved- which it did- to the Walt Disney Museum. The back is against the wall but still got a lot of good shots. My boots and gloves are here as well. I have no idea where my pack is and I'm guessing it got lost or hopefully just held in customs. If it is lost I may just scrap the project cause I don't feel like losing any more money.

Looks like my pack was just hanging out in customs for a bit. Got notification that it is in NY now so I should haveit soon. Will be putting the final touches on my Supertrooper to get approved and then starting this ( splitting time between another Fett I am trying to knock out quick).

I didn't know what to expect with this pack... I honestly thought I was just getting a kit in a bunch of pieces. Shipped , well protected ,in a box with an internal wood frame. I will modify the main frame of it as needed but overall I am very pleased 2A862D27-B6A4-49FD-AC1F-0294C4CE5820.jpg

• Like 1

That is a nice looking pack. It may be smart to wait until you get some of the armor pieces together and sized, so you can then get an idea of whether or not you need to modify the pack to be proportional to your height.

I'm 5'9", and from what I have read, the MLC is a bit small for taller guys, but I got the impression that it would probably be the right size for me. If I weren't so bull headed, I would have probably bought it rather than make my own.

Making your own is always more rewarding. I figured with as much work as I have one the rest of the costume I would just buy this part complete. I will def check the fit before painting it... I am 5'11" so I am thinking I may have to modify it. With the hundred pics I took at Disney I'm hoping to get it right lol

• 1 month later...

This came today. Normally I don't pay attention to how long it takes me to build something but I think I am going to log the hours I put into the gun. I'm also starting to trim the armor but am not quite sure how much to take off. Will go thru other builds to see what they did.

7DF2F63A-2ADB-4D05-99DB-2994DA04B088.jpg

Looks very cool. With trimming just follow the rules that you can always trim more, you can add any back. Trim the guide lines first (if there ones) and then size everything on your body with painters tape. While it's on, you can have someone mark additional trim lines if needed.

• Like 1
Looks very cool. With trimming just follow the rules that you can always trim more, you can add any back. Trim the guide lines first (if there ones) and then size everything on your body with painters tape. While it's on, you can have someone mark additional trim lines if needed.

To add to this, I am hoping to be done with the tank pack soon, and start trimming armor. Supreme Leader Wife won't be able to help me much with fitting and marking armor, so maybe we will have to figure out a way to get together and help each other out with this task.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...